This job is no longer accepting applications.
August Schell Brewing Company is a family owned and operated brewery in New Ulm, Minnesota. We began in 1860 when August Schell, a German immigrant, couldn’t find a traditional German beer in his new home. So, he made his own.
While the brewery has seen some changes, like plumbing, August’s legacy of being an innovative brewmaster remains. It has continued through six generations and over 100 varieties of German Craft beer. Schell’s Brewery has a great opportunity for an individual to join our team as our On/Off Premise Route Driver.
An authentic interest and ability to build meaningful relationships through great craft beer by sharing the story and embracing the heritage of August Schell Brewing Company is the most essential component to success in this position. The person in this role will deliver to retail on/off premise vendors. They will work in a coordinated effort with the Route Sales Manager. This person will be regularly engaged in conversations with retailers on beer styles and industry trends. We are looking for someone who can consistently achieve company goals, including volume, distribution and profitability. Strong mathematical, organization and time management skills are needed to effectively deliver the workload for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Observes and enhances the “Safety First” culture of August Schell Brewery
- Drives a semi-trailer truck to make deliveries to businesses in the local region.
- Drives in a safe and lawful manner. Maintains an acceptable driving record.
- Delivers products to retail businesses daily.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Pads, stacks and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers and stacks merchandise on customer’s premises.
- Utilize brewery marketing material to build displays in on/off premise locations
- Collects proper payment (cash or check), makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
- Records delivery information on delivery records.
- Cleans and performs routine maintenance on truck.
- Repackages long inventory packs and damaged goods
- Maintains a clean work area
- Works with warehouse staff to maintain accurate inventory
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A License
- Accurate math skills, including adding and subtracting two and three-digit numbers.
- Attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license issued by Minnesota.
- Clean Driving Record
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 155 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
August Schell Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.