This job is no longer accepting applications.
The cellarman reports to the Brewing & Cellar Manager.
Job Overview: This position provides support to the Brewing & Cellar Manager and performs daily cellar tasks while maintaining company policies and ensuring that products meet Levante’s high-quality standards. This position will focus on performing the cold side operations of the brewery including cleaning and sanitizing brewery tanks and equipment. It is essential for this position to communicate regularly and effectively with the Brewing & Cellar Manager to ensure all cellaring responsibilities are fulfilled safely, efficiently, effectively, and accurately.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Perform Cellaring Operations- cleaning/sanitation cycles on tanks, brew day preparation, part cleaning (breakdown and rebuild of tanks) and other mechanical operations daily.
- Complete brewery cellaring processes such as daily fermentation logs, cleaning and sanitation logs, task management systems, daily checklists, and Ekos workflow.
- Monitor quality of product, temperature, pressure, gravity, and carbonation in fermentation and conditioning tanks. Alert Brewing & Cellar Manager and QA/QC Manager promptly of any suspected quality concerns.
- Work with Brewing & Cellar Manager to develop new processes that will improve the quality of new and existing product lines.
- Perform plate filtration of product.
- Count yeast and calculate pitch amounts when needed.
- Monitor, pitch and evaluate yeast quality and viability as as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards of cellaring processes.
- Complete cellaring processes in a safe and efficient This includes, but is not limited to, CIP cycles, filtration, cold side ingredient additions, yeast harvesting, and product transfers.
- Responsible for adhering to the standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and report on daily fermentation samples and product quality/fermentation data.
- Cross-functional knowledge of brewery operations, fermentation tendencies, and other areas/disciplines that interact with or affect the business and regulatory environment of brewing.
- Identify and communicate problems with equipment malfunctions or breakdown in processes.
- Inform the Brewing & Cellar Manager of any equipment or mechanical issues that are observed.
- Assist the Brewing & Cellar Manager to assure that all raw materials and inventory items are in stock, properly labeled and stored, as well as properly accounted for in Ekos and company records, such as hops, brewing additives, adjuncts, safety equipment and chemicals, etc. Report low levels of inventory to supervisor when necessary for proper ordering.
- Maintains impeccable cleanliness of all areas in the cellar and all areas of the brewery facility (including outside of brewhouse, offices, common areas, bathrooms, etc).
- Communicates regularly, efficiently, and effectively with supervisors and team members.
- Follow Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules and consult the Managing Cellarman about cleaning Perform all required cleanings to the appropriate standards including tanks, floors, walls, tank exteriors, Brewhouse vessels, kegs and other packaging, packaging line, and other equipment as directed.
- Arrives to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Represents Levante Brewing Company at events and promotes good public relations, respectfully handles complaints and concerns if received, and reports to supervisor if necessary.
- Abides by Levante Brewing code of conduct and standards referenced in employee handbook
- Completes all necessary and assigned paperwork accurately and on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage per company policy and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of all brewing and brewery related systems, as well as software and technical systems that Levante Brewing uses in the manufacturing process.
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem-solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Fermentation control devices/systems, VFD’s, pumps, scales, keg cleaning machine, forklift, Heated/jacketed brewing/water tanks, pressurized tanks, valves, boiler and heating equipment, grain mill, grain conveyors and related equipment, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product. Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, electrical components, and moving/heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.