Beertenders - Central District Brewing - Austin, TX
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Central District Brewing, we are passionate about beer and hospitality. We are excited to add team members who are motivated, enthusiastic, and ready to grow both personally and professionally. Our servers play a critical role with our guests and the success of the brewery and we're excited to meet you.
You will be responsible for providing bar service in our downtown Austin tasting room, including contributing to the guest experience, being enthusiastic and knowledgeable about our beers, ensuring compliance with alcohol laws, and helping with the setup and cleanup of the tasting room for each shift.
• Must love people. And craft beer. Not necessarily in that order.
• Must have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn about beer, and share that knowledge with others.
• Must be a team player.
• Must proactively look for ways to increase people's positive experience with the brewery, the beer, and the brand.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be hospitality-minded.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, primarily evenings and weekends.
• Must have a willingness and ability to step in wherever needed – this could include bartending, cleaning toilets, bussing glassware, washing glassware, etc.
• Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly move full kegs with the aid of a dolly.
• Must have TABC Seller/Server and Food Handlers Certifications completed prior to first shift.
• Contributing to the overall guest experience, from entering the brewery till leaving.
• Serving guests beer through a draft system, as well as selling brewery merchandise, and preparing and selling packaged beer.
• Using a Point of Sale System (Arryved) to ring up transactions, as well as managing open bar tabs.
• Politely but firmly enforcing tasting room and brewery rules and regulations.
• Ensuring that tasting room are properly cleaned and prepped before and after each shift.
• Working closely with Taproom Manager/Ownership and helping wherever needed.
• Bartending when the taproom is open to the public and during private events.
• Promoting the taproom and working to increase the experience and number of people attending over time.
• Understanding and abiding by federal, state, local, CDC and Austin Public Health regulations.
Hourly plus tips.
Parking is provided.
Your application has been successfully submitted.