Visitor's Center General Manager - Schell's Brewery - New Ulm, MN
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Visitor’s Center General Manager performs complex managerial oversight to all customer-facing functions within Schell’s Brewery’s Visitor Center experience. This position manages the taproom, biergarten, gift shop and overall visitor’s center experience. The general manager drives organizational initiatives, ensures broad matters are dealt with and executed, maintains a strategic operating plan, and communicates such plans to the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Plan and oversee the successful operation of all visitor center functions, including Gift Shop, Bier Halle, Tours, Event Rentals, and Starkeller
- Maintain responsibility for implementing charitable outreach commitments and fostering relationships with community partners
- Oversight and coordination of large-scale events at the brewery. Specific activities to include, purchasing for the event, personnel scheduling, promotions, vendor management, and pricing
- Maintain a welcoming, exciting, educational, and fun visitor experience. This would include establishing expectations for décor, cleanliness, and ambiance of the different facilities and following up to make sure the expectations are being met.
- Handling delicate or difficult guest situations including complaints, negative reviews, and ensuring an appropriate resolution if achieved
- Continuously striving to increase the Visitor Center profit by implementing different strategies, optimizing shipments, negotiating prices with vendors, keeping effective budgets, and managing inventory levels properly
- Maintain responsibility for management of all visitor staff, including managing time off, training, coaching, performance management, and employee relations
- Maintain a strong level of communication with our production, marketing, HR, sales, and finance teams to ensure any necessary information and planning is being communicated effectively to the other departments. This would include making recommendations/requests to other departments about what things we can do as a team to better improve the profitability and or experience of visitor center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of information furnished in written and oral form.
The physical demands required of the position include prolonged sitting and walking, extended periods of computer use and keyboarding, and a normal range of hearing and vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.