Third Shift Floor Manager - Troegs Brewing Company
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: Third Shift Floor Manager
Job Classification: Full-Time 3rd Shift (11 p.m. – 7:30 a.m. Sunday – Friday)
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Pay Rate: Hourly, based on experience
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; 401(k) w/ Company Match – Eligible after 1 year of service
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer and food. We look for employees who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Third Shift Floor Manager is an on-the-floor leader who oversees the packaging line team making sure runs are completed on-schedule with maximum efficiency and safety. The Third Shift Floor Manager will also be responsible for monitoring the third shift production schedule for brewing, quality, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will lead with a strong emphasis on coaching, communication and team-building and will have a working knowledge of equipment, prior experience in a manufacturing environment, and an impeccable eye to detail along with a high level of cleanliness. Forklift certification preferred, but not required.
Managerial Duties and Responsibilities:
• Executes nightly production schedule as posted and acts as decision maker when urgent issues arise during third shift with packaging, brewing, quality, or maintenance.
• Accurately confirms packaged quantities, enters and completes production orders and transfers finished beer in the computer system.
• Provides effective coaching to packaging team and fosters an environment of learning and development.
• Leads daily shift meetings to achieve consistent execution for the packaging team.
• Clearly communicates expectations to packaging team and holds team accountable to those expectations.
• Effectively plans daily tasks by looking ahead, seeing the big picture and prioritizing.
• Works closely with packaging manager and packaging team to implement systems to improve the department including training documentation, waste reduction, and productivity improvements.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
• Adheres to and advances the safety culture of the brewery and is accountable for the safety of the crew.
• Alerts the Quality Dept. and the Packaging Manager to potential quality concerns.
• Ensures that the packaging staff follows procedures and policies.
• Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department.
• Checks all volumes, batch numbers, schedule concerns and any other info related to the day's production.
• Tracks packaging logs and solves inventory discrepancies with shipping/receiving.
• Provides coaching to elevate the performance of the operators on their shift.
• Effects disciplinary measures when necessary.
• Records packaging staff performance via QPI program.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
• Previous management experience preferred
• Orchestrated Beer or other inventory software experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills.
• A high level of professionalism.
• A high sense of urgency
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good mechanical skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems.
• Ability to work independently as well as with the packaging team.
• Ability to identify tasks that need to be completed. Ability to assign and delegate those tasks to the packaging crew.
• Understanding the role of sanitation in beer making.
• Ability to safely handle cleaning and sanitizing agents.
• Ability to work with packaging and transfer equipment.
• Ability to operate a forklift. (will train)
• Ability to navigate stairs throughout an entire shift.
• Ability to work in a shared office environment and be respectful of others.
• Willingness to make difficult or unpopular decisions when necessary.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time – up to 8 hours
• Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, and walk constantly for long periods of time – up to 8 hours
• Ability to work outside in any weather circumstance to include extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, snow, sleet, etc.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver cases of beer weighing up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver full ½ barrel kegs weighing up to 200 lbs. with the assistance of another co-worker
• 40-45 hours per week.
• Occasional overtime and weekend work, as needed.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate –controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
• Hot water,
• Pressurized vessels, and
• Loud working areas.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.