Brewer - Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company’s mission is to create world-class beer and food and positively contribute to our Arizona community through environmentally and socially conscious business practices. We seek to enhance the lives of our guests, employees, and community through creating unique, flavorful, and satisfying beer and food, providing legendary customer service, participating in sustainable practices, and treating our employees well.
AZWBC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The Brewer position is responsible for brewing and coordinating materials to produce top quality and consistent beer. The position is also responsible for producing products on the forefront of brewing innovation, excellence, and sustainability.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the brewing and quality control processes;
- Manage raw materials, inventory control;
- Sanitary sampling, yeast cell counts, and record keeping of all beers produced;
- Cellar operations including tank transfer and sanitation procedures;
- Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- In depth understanding of quality assurance/quality control, problem solving skills, and ability to troubleshoot beer related issues;
- Work with spirit barrels; including cleaning, fruiting, filling, emptying, blending and maintenance;
- Participation in events, festivals, promotions, and foraging.
Brew world class beer
- Effectively manage brewing operations on a 15bbl, 2 vessel system;
- Ensure a safe work environment for all Arizona Wilderness employees, including OSHA compliance;
- Rigorously ensure adherence to all ingredient, in-process, and finished beer quality specifications;
- Perform root cause analysis on any quality deviations and recommend corrective actions;
- Review brewing records for conformance to recipe standards;
- Participate in daily sensory evaluations and ensure constant open dialogue with the head brewer and other employees;
- Help develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensure they are understood and followed by all pertinent brewing and packaging personnel;
- Assist in product development, trial brews, ingredient selection, etc;
- Track and report performance against brewing key performance indicators;
- Other duties may be required from time-to-time as deemed necessary by the company to support business objectives.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Absolute passion for the brewing and artisan beer production;
- High-quality work standards with and without direct supervision;
- Abide by proper and safe operations of every machine in work area;
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. to shoulder height repeatedly;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 170 lbs. and perform repetitive motions without issue;
- Promote a positive attitude;
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibility;
- Proficient Forklift operation;
- Adapt to changes in brewing, packaging and production schedules;
- Ensure preventative maintenance procedures occur accurately and routinely;
- Report, repair, adjust and replace defective machine parts;
- Love of the outdoors, nature, camping and hiking is a plus.
Benefits vary by job position, but generally include complimentary meals when working, complimentary 4-packs and merchandise, and healthcare coverage for full time workers. Ask us about the benefits applicable to the specific job you are applying for.
Your application has been successfully submitted.