Growler Hours Staff - DC Brau Brewing Company
DC Brau Brewing Company in Washington, DC, is seeking enthusiastic Part-time DC Brau Growler Hours staff to join our On-site Retail and Sales Team
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow, we are looking to increase our tasting room Growler Hours staff to support DC Brau’s On-site Retail and Sales operations. We currently seek to hire several Growler Hours staff members to support the increasing demand for our award-winning beer!
Our Growler Hours staff are crucial members of our On-site Retail and Sales Team, whose responsibility it is to support and represent the DC Brau brand in brewery tasting room. The ideal candidate:
- has experience pouring, serving, and selling beer;
- has an enthusiastic interest in, and knowledge of, craft beer;
- has a strong work ethic and enjoys working as part of a unified team;
- enjoys talking to people from all walks of life and communicates well;
- has good energy, an outgoing attitude, and would be a positive representative of DC Brau;
- has great customer service skills and enjoys engaging with visitors to our brewery;
- has part-time availability to work on weeknights and weekends.
- TIPS Certification or ABRA Manager’s License is a plus!
This position is a great opportunity for someone to develop their customer service, bartending, and sales skills within the craft brewing industry. DC Brau is offering part-time, hourly (non-exempt), employment in this position.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pours tasters, pints, and growler fills for Growler Hour guests.
- Keeps tasting room and Growler Hours areas clean and stocked.
- Clearly communicates availability to supervisor on an ongoing basis, requiring use of email and Google Drive.
- Maintains familiarity with DC Brau products, product availability, and point-of-sale procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with general beer and beer industry knowledge.
- Maintains familiarity with DC Brau merchandise.
- Assists patrons with DC Brau merchandise and packaged beer sales.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Ethical and accurate operation of point-of-sale systems and cash-handling; familiarity with iPad use.
- Familiar with how to accurately check IDs of patrons for legal drinking age and ID validity.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining legal, safety, and quality standards.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Maintains familiarity with liquor laws and responsible serving practices in DC.
- Maintains familiarity of how to use and troubleshoot beer pouring equipment.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Previous experience serving alcohol responsibly is preferred.
- Physical ability to lift and move cases of beer and occasionally half kegs and sixtels.
Compensation: $12.50 hourly plus tips; Part-Time, Non-Exempt (10-20 hours per week)
Benefits and Perks: Paid Sick Leave, Training and Educational Resources, and monthly employee beer allotment and discounts!
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.