Assitant Brewer - Alarmist Brewing
Alarmist Brewing is looking for an experienced cellar person/assistant brewer. Located on the Northwest side of Chicago, Alarmist is the first ever GABF gold medal winner for Hazy IPA with our flagship beer Le Jus. But far from a hazy boi brewery, we love and brew a wide variety of beer styles. We really love lagers. We do NOT love NOR do we brew slushy/milkshake things.
We are looking for a hard working and dependable problem solver who is passionate about brewing and cellaring beer-flavored beer.
Alarmist has a 20 bbl 2-vessel brewhouse with various 60 bbl, 40 bbl, and 20 bbl fermenters and brite tanks. We have distribution in Chicago and suburbs and a popular taproom. All beer is kegged and canned.
Skills we need but can train if needed:
- Managing, planning, and performing CIP on the brewhouse, fermenters, and brite tanks.
- Managing, planning, and performing beer transfers to brite tanks for carbonation and packaging.
- Accurately testing and recording pH, gravities, and carbonation (with Zahm & Nagle CO2 tester).
- Collaborating with our head brewer on recipe development and improvement.
- A desire to research and learn new ingredients, processes, and concepts to help improve beer quality and production efficiency.
- Mechanical abilities for repair and maintenance is a huge plus. We fix and maintain just about everything at the brewery ourselves.
- Assisting with packaging beer on occasion. We have our own canning line and other packaging equipment.
- Operating a forklift.
- Lifting and carrying bags of grain.
- Understanding and assisting with hop contracts and contract planning.
- A mind for safety. We take safety very seriously.
- An excellent communicator.
- Experience using Ekos for production management is a plus, but easily trained.
- Representing us at beer festivals and other events.
- A keen sense of humor is very, very, very useful.
- We also like music a lot.
Alarmist has an incredible team. We all work together and help each other out at all times. If you feel this would be the type of place you would want to work please send a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.