This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title – Server
Reports to: General Manager, Management Staff
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
The Server is the point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent service experience. Servers must represent the brand positively and be knowledgeable about the products sold. Bartenders must provide prompt, courteous service while maintaining a clean and comfortable environment for guests.
- High School Diploma
- 2 Years Hospitality Industry Experience
- Lead Certification
- Beer Knowledge or Experience - Preferred
- Opening and closing duties – complete checklist daily
- Immediately greet all guests in a timely manner
- Provide excellent guest service with enthusiasm and friendliness to maximize the customer experience.
- Act professional while on Company property
- Apply all guidelines for responsible alcohol service. ID any guest that appears to be under 30 years old. Strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws.
- Follow checklists and standard operating policies and procedures, including cash handling and safety policy. Immediately notify management of any safety hazards.
- Monitor stations, restocks items, replace kegs, checking taps, and retrieving bottles as needed, washing, restocking glassware and maintain bar standards
- Maintaining taproom property including wiping down bar tabletops, emptying trash cans, cleaning floor and bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and cleaning as needed
- Ensuring the public fridge, merchandise area and food display is well stocked
- Perform tasks, re-stocking, and cleaning duties in inventory area as assigned by management
- Assist in weekly inventory counts as needed
- Pour beer and fill crowlers/growlers according to proper techniques.
- Constantly working to increase knowledge of Calicraft beers and educating guests to company standards
- Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling and assist as needed with ensuring all shifts are appropriately staffed.
- Supports and executes marketing initiatives positively.
- Operate POS system and follow cash handling procedures
- Follow break and rest period procedures according to Company policy
The information above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job description. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification. All employees may be required to perform duties outside their regular responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Addresses guest needs in a prompt, professional and friendly manner
- Finds ways to improve guest service
- Contributes to positive cooperative team work
- Builds relationships with all people
- Makes sensible decisions and maintains high quality standards
- Willing and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Handles challenges with ease
- Communicates effectively with others
- Professional in oral and written communication
- Determined to get things done right and on time
- Strives for the best in all that s/he does
- Takes initiative
- Acts as a role model and provides coaching to new employees
Able to lift heavy objects (25 - 50 lbs.)
Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift.
Able to work in crowded and confined spaces.
Exposure to restaurant equipment and cleaning products. Exposure to temperatures ranging from 37® to 110® degrees. Exposure to a range of volumes of background noise.
All servers are expected to wear clothing appropriate for the nature of our business and the type of work performed. Clothing should be clean, neat and tasteful. Calicraft t-shirts are preferred but not required. Because of the nature of the business, all bartenders should wear employee-provided slip resistant closed-toe no-heel shoes. Avoid clothing that can create a safety hazard.
Your application has been successfully submitted.