Tour Guide General (Retail Faubourg)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Have you ever wanted to work for an iconic New Orleans brand? We’re hiring for passionate people who can ensure every visitor to our brewery in New Orleans East receives world-class customer service.
We currently offer 5 tours per day, three days per week.
- Present to group sizes ranging from 2 people to 15 people, leading them on a 45-minute to one-hour long tour/tasting journey of Dixie Brewery
- Learn and retain historic, scientific information about Dixie’s history and brewing process which you’ll then be asked to present in engaging and interesting ways to groups with varying levels of beer knowledge
- Act as a professional ambassador for our brewery and our brand
- Listen to our guests; understand how to tailor the tours and Dixie history and stories to each unique tour group’s expectations and needs-
-Perform guest facing duties in our taproom; you are expected to help behind the bar as well as to serve guests sitting throughout our taproom and beer garden spaces.
- Accurately enter and manage orders, receive payment, and make proper change
- Perform opening and closing duties as per our standard service procedure including maintaining taproom cleanliness before, during and after service
- Sell Dixie merchandise
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- At least 2-3 years prior experience in a front-of-house, guest facing role where you can demonstrate you’ve delivered exceptional guest service
- Be a strong ambassador for our brand
- Bartending/serving experience preferable and knowledge of craft beer
- Strong people skills; ability to interact and communicate with all kinds of people
- Successful completion of Louisiana ServSafe Alcohol exam
- You must have a passion for all-things-beer. We will offer extensive training at hire. However, our ideal candidate will be interested in developing a strong skillset and understanding of beer and the craft beverage industry
- Ability to work flexible hours and days
- Be professional and a reliable team player
- Be able to multi-task and pay attention to detail
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Faubourg Brewing Company. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The Faubourg Brewing Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. Faubourg will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. Faubourg is committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.