Assistant Event Coordinator (Retail Faubourg)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Faubourg Brewing Company is searching for an enthusiastic, organized, and reliable self-starter to assist our growing retail events team. Faubourg was founded as Dixie Brewing in 1907 and is the oldest operating brewery in New Orleans. Dixie announced its new name in November 2020, as a tribute to the diverse neighborhoods of New Orleans, as faubourg (pronounced fo-burg) is a French word that’s often used interchangeably with “neighborhood” in New Orleans.
The Assistant Event Coordinator role is the single point of contact for taproom, tour, and event reservations. The position will work hand-in-hand with Faubourg’s Event Manager to ensure the smooth execution of promotional events and administrative duties.
- Assist the Event Manager with all promotional events
- Assist in the scouting and coordination of vendors
- Maintaining records of locations, providers and success rate of past events
- Assist with the creative process of events
- Answer all private and public tour group inquiries
- Take lead on private event/event space bookings
- Process reservation agreements, payments, contracts, and receipts with event and private tour clients
- Make sure private event and private tour tri-folds pamphlets are stocked – reprint if not
- Attend and host site visits related to events or tours when needed
- Lead private tour groups and be onsite contact for these groups
- Notify, tentative menu and headcount, and timing when applicable to private tours
- Liaise with shuttle and tour companies to greet and welcome large (pre-planned) visitor groups
- Create connections with hotel concierges and FQ tour companies to remain top of mind during each major tourist season
- Fill in at retail from time-to-time during peak times
- Maintain a flexible schedule that could change week by week
- High school diploma
- Confident with Microsoft Office packages
- Past event and/or retail experience is a plus
- Strong organizational, time management and coordination skills
- Familiarity with systems such as TripleSeat, Tock, or Arryved is a plus but not required
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Faubourg Brewing Company. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The Faubourg Brewing Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. Faubourg will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. Faubourg is committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.