Territory Sales Representative - Orange County, CA
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
If you are passionate about craft beer and interested in helping to support our mission, we are currently looking for a Full-Time Sales Representative in Orange County, CA, to develop and manage distributor accounts, while growing volume and visibility; create new procedures and SOP’s related to new market/product launches and promotional events; and uphold Company philosophy, guidelines, policies, SOP’s and safety procedures in assigned territories.
The ideal candidate will be based out of their home in Orange County and will be covering the Inland Empire and other surrounding areas.
Under direction from the VP of Sales, the Sales Representative will be responsible for developing and managing distributor accounts while growing volume and visibility in assigned territory under the guidelines of the Company philosophy and policies. Will also assist in creating new procedures and SOPs related to new market / product launches and promotional events in assigned territory. Responsible for following Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with distributors and key on premise and off premise accounts.
- Will be responsible for the promotion and sales of draft and packaged beer and growing distribution and volume in assigned territory.
- Responsible for creating and improving the visibility of the brand in assigned territory.
- Responsible for handling new distributor inquiries and processing of new and recurring orders.
- Assist VP of Sales in executing business plans to meet annual goals and drive accountability with distributors and key accounts.
- Will assist VP of Sales in planning and coordinating new market / product launches and promotions to ensure achievement of sales goals.
- Assist VP of Sales to create and present monthly and annual reviews to distributors.
- Update sales database with orders from distributors.
- Prepare monthly sales and marketing reports on market research, competitors, and activity for monthly presentation to management.
- Update and maintain calendar of market launches and festivals in assigned territory and share with leadership team so that staff is always informed.
- Adhere to and maintain annual budget with direction from VP of Sales.
- Stay abreast of current legislation and trends within the industry and communicate relevant information to VP of Sales.
- Research and participate in continuous education related to the role such as customer service, sales techniques, and the craft beer industry.
- Assist in resolving customer and distributor issues and ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
- Take an active role in monthly meetings conducted by distributor management.
- Provide weekly reporting on territory activities to California State Manager.
- Represent Company by attending and/or pouring at special events such as beer dinners and beer festivals.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong interpersonal skills with a successful proven track record of developing strong relationships and meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Must have a solid knowledge of beer styles and the craft brewery industry
- Demonstrates approachability, composure, and strong customer service orientation
- Solutions oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with staff, customers, and vendors
- Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays for special work- related events such as beer dinners, tap takeovers, etc.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must have the ability to lift 55 lbs regularly and sit at a desk for long periods of time and occasionally stand for long periods of time if participating at events or trade shows
- Ability to take the initiative, work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to complete assignments both accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and good working relationships with customers, vendors and staff
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact and work cross-functionally with all departments to meet business goals and objectives
- A passion for craft beer and knowledge of brewing industry
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying the culture and success of AleSmith
Qualified candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your attached resume in order to be considered.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.