Packaging Assistant - Late Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
The Packaging Assistant will assist in all packaging operations, including cleaning, maintaining all packaging equipment along with keeping the warehouse and supplies organized. The ideal candidate will assist with regular brewery and packaging equipment maintenance while following safety procedures and Company SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
Duties and responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with setup, cleaning and operation of packaging machinery.
- Places packages in boxes, applies carriers and stacks finished product.
- Operates forklift to move pallets around the warehouse.
- Assists with conducting inventory and related documentation.
- Operates keg washing machine to wash and sanitize kegs.
- Assists in the troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of brewery equipment.
- Performs general cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, drains, packaging equipment and all packaging areas.
- Assists in the transition of duties and communication between shifts.
- Participates in continuing education related to brewery and packaging operations and safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in resolving customer issues and ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
- Follows all safety procedures and SOP’s.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills
- Ability to work with hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Ability to routinely lift, push and pull 55 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours a day
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying the culture and success of AleSmith
- Be an exceptional team player with the ability to work independently as well
- Ability to stay organized and follow checklists, departmental guidelines and SOP’s
- A minimum of one-year related experience working in a brewery, warehouse, production line, manufacturing or food and beverage role. Prior forklift experience is highly preferred. Brewery experience is highly preferred.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.