This job is no longer accepting applications.
DC Brau Brewing Company is seeking a motivated Packaging Assistant to join our Production Team in Washington, DC!
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow we are looking to increase our packaging staff to support DC Brau’s Production operations. We currently seek to hire a Packaging Assistant to support the increasing demand for our award winning beer and seltzer!
Packaging Assistants at DC Brau Brewing support overall packaging activities, including canning and kegging operations, equipment cleaning, and packaging area housekeeping. This position assists Packaging team members and works in coordination with brewhouse and cellar, warehouse, marketing and sales, and administrative staff.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer or has some experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment. This professional must also possess a strong work ethic and must enjoy working as part of a unified team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to launch their career in the craft brewing industry.
The Packaging Assistant reports to the Packaging Manager and is responsible for all aspects of product packaging, including but not limited to:
- Assists with packaging filled cans for shipment, including building twelve-packs and case trays
- Cleans and fills kegs
- Completes required regular packaging quality checks
- Uses shrink-wrapper to safely build pallets for delivery/pick-up
- Assists with tracking the inventory of necessary packaging materials for canning and kegging
- Works with Packaging Manager to clean and maintain canning equipment and work area
- Works with Packaging Manager to coordinate weekly canning schedule
- Operates a fork truck or pallet jack as needed
- Assists with other packaging activities as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members throughout the brewery
- Positive attitude during repetitive tasks
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize levels of safety and service in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand, walk, and be on feet for prolonged periods
- Ability to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift, and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to move up to 165 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold and hot
Compensation: $15.00 hourly, Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt (37.5-40 hours per week), overtime eligible
Benefits and Perks: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with company match, Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Professional Development resources, and monthly employee beer allotment and discounts!
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.