This job is no longer accepting applications.
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. We currently seek to hire a Packaging Technician to support the packaging operations for our award-winning beer and seltzer!
Our ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer or working with machines and has some experience in a manufacturing environment. This role will take the lead on canning runs to ensure quality and safety are consistent throughout the packaging process. This professional must also possess a strong work ethic, attention-to-detail, and must enjoy working as part of a unified team. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your technical skills and build your career within the craft brewing industry.
The Packaging Technician reports to the Packaging Manager and is responsible for all aspects of product packaging, including but not limited to:
- Operating, troubleshooting, and cleaning packaging equipment, including oversight of start-up, shut-down, and conversion procedures
- Acting as shift lead to supervise packaging operations and delegate tasks within the Packaging Team
- Monitoring quality control according to brewery procedures and specifications
- Maintaining accurate production documentation and packaging material inventory
- Executing routine inspection and maintenance plan for canning and kegging equipment, including part replacement and repairs to mechanical and electrical systems
- Loading empty cans onto depalletizer
- Offloading and palletizing finished cans
- Organizing and cleaning packaging areas
- Washing and filling kegs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work a 5/8 shift schedule; five-day work week, eight-hour shifts (AM/PM schedule)
- Experience working on equipment and machinery in a manufacturing or warehouse environment; experience operating forklift trucks and pallet jacks preferred.
- Ability to navigate and input data into production software or spreadsheets
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude during repetitive tasks
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize levels of safety and service in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand, walk, and be on feet for prolonged periods
- Ability to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift, and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to move up to 165 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold and hot
Compensation: $16.00-$18.00 hourly, Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt (37.5-40 hours per week), overtime eligible
Benefits and Perks: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with company match, Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, Professional Development resources, and monthly employee beer allotment and discounts!
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.