This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the customer’s experience is of the highest quality through a warm, caring and sincere approach in meeting the needs of each customer and employee. The Server is an enthusiastic individual who champions the definition of “great service” by making the customer feel comfortable from the moment they walk through the door.
- Extend friendliness, warmth and hospitality to all guests and staff members at all times.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts of both the restaurant and kitchen personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest's expectations.
- Ensure section is setup and meets company standards and expectations at start of shift.
- Engage with the guest to help them feel welcome and attended to.
- Follow the company sequence of service to ensure a natural flow to the guest’s experience.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and use salesmanship skills in answering customer’s questions and making recommendations regarding:
Menu and daily food specials
Promotional and/or special programs
Company beer selections, specials and their varying qualities while demonstrating the ability to make recommendations based on guest tastes and preferences
Wine selections and variations if applicable
Other selection of cocktails and liquors if applicable
- Using the Aloha POS, processes guest's orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
- Observe diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond to additional requests, and determine when the diner has been completed their meal.
- Know and adhere to state liquor laws and company RASP plan.
- Accurately account for all guest check items and process payment for meal.
- Performs all assigned side work including napkin and utensil roll-ups, filling salt and pepper shakers, cleaning of restaurant floors and tables, etc.
- Demonstrates leadership and teamwork while working respectfully with all team members.
- Communicate clearly while demonstrating willingness to help all team members.
- Provide safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provide harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Protect consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication.
- Must have ability to workdays, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be reliable and available to work scheduled shifts to ensure floor coverage.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking responsibilities remaining calm under pressure.
- Knowledgeable about the liquor laws and works in compliance with those laws.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Restaurant Manager on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Current Food Handler’s Permit
Current Alcohol Certification
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Beer draught system
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.