Sample Room Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
LOCATION: Jersey Girl Brewing Company, Mount Olive, N.J.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly
About Jersey Girl Brewing Co.
Jersey Girl Brewing opened its doors April of 2016 in the rapidly evolving, exciting NJ Craft Beer Market. Since then we have brewed an extensive range of beer styles including IPAs, lagers, stouts, saisons, kettle sours, and barrel-aged beers. We have established several flag ship beers distributed across all 21 NJ counties. Our Sample Room is a fixture in the community with an inviting atmosphere and exciting private events space.
About the Position
The Sample Room Manager will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, managing Sample Room staff, and planning events. We are seeking a motivated individual who can be a leader and thrive in an exciting and challenging environment. Passion for, and knowledge of, craft beer is obviously important, but the ideal candidate will also possess a proven track record of exceptional customer service, strong managerial and event planning skills.
- Take lead on hiring and training Sample Room staff
- Inventory management/ordering
- Meet or exceed Sample Room sales goals
- Assist with planning, organizing and staffing special events (such as private parties, charitable functions, beer releases, etc.)
- Sample Room staff scheduling
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming, family friendly environment for both staff and customers
- Develop opening and closing checklists, assignments, and other operational procedures
- This is a working bartender/bar manager position
- Assist with outside events such as beer festivals (as needed)
- Update and program POS system as needed to reflect menu/retail changes
- Maintain strict standards to ensure compliance with ABC, health department, etc., and prevent service to underage patrons
- TIPS Certification required if hired for the position
- Knowledge of beer styles and craft beer trends
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years managerial experience in bar, Sample Room, or restaurant setting
- Event planning experience preferred
- Confidence to lead others
- Creative problem-solver
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Post high school education/degree preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.