This job is no longer accepting applications.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly
The Cellerman is responsible for performing a variety of fundamental and support tasks befitting a production brewery, including all cellar, packaging, and general housekeeping operations, with assistance in brewery and maintenance duties as needed.
Primary Duties of Cellarman/Assistant Brewer:
- General cleaning of brewery
- Monitor vital fermentation critical control points including but not limited to target gravity, pH, temperatures and pressures.
- Responsible for CIP and preparation of fermentation, bright beer.
- Responsible for finished beer handling including but not limited to carbonation, DO monitoring and recording, and packaging preparation
- Review completed process paperwork
- Communicate clearly through email, and text
- Independently complete daily task list
- Aseptically transfer beer to and from fermenters, barrels & brite tanks.
- Assist in all aspects of brewing as time permits
- Assist and perform assessment of fermenting beer for appropriate processing, including but not limited to dry hopping, addition of fruit or spices, crashing tanks and removing yeast
- Strong record keeping a must
- Ensure that sensory evaluation is monitored responsibly and results are communicated in a constructive manner
- Work closely with manager, supervisors, quality, and peer staff to execute tasks effectively
- Maintain a sanitary environment, which includes but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks and ceilings.
- Participate in company events as needed while maintaining professional composure
- Transfer finished beer from transport tanks to fermenters or barrels
- Bring a positive attitude to work
- Work on a ladder periodically up to height of 20 feet.
- Physically be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand all day, lift 55+ pounds, work in a non-temperature controlled environment and repeatedly handle hot and cold liquids
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- High School Diploma / GED. Brewing, Engineering, or other related education preferred
- 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States
- Applications must have cover letter and resume.
- Jersey Girl Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pre-employment background check required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.