This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Facilities Manager reports to the Director of Brewery Administration.
Job Overview: This position manages all of Levante’s facilities needs and provides support to the brewery operations department and retail operations department to maintain company policies, perform preventative maintenance, respond to facility repair needs and ensure all facilities, equipment, and plant functions are performing optimally. This position will also be expected to work with brewery operations and retail operations leadership to improve equipment and system reliability and support continuous improvement efforts. Additionally, this position will help oversee and work with brewery operations and retail operations leadership to coordinate and support the installation of new equipment, systems, and facility/plant expansion. This position needs to communicate regularly, effectively, and efficiently with brewery operations and retail operations leadership and team members.
Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Plans, manages, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, and facilities. Including comprehensive maintenance/preventive maintenance schedules.
- Solicit and review contractor bid sheets and proposals for all facilities related projects and needs
- Tests newly purchased and/or installed machinery and equipment to ensure optimal operation per manufacturer’s and contract specifications are met
- Develop, implement, and maintain a preventative maintenance program and schedule for all equipment and systems to maximize overall production and facility efficiency
- Lead point of contact and responsible party, in conjunction with specific department manager, for all facility related issues or repairs
- Responsible for training, management, and development of all facilities department team members
- Monitor and approve facility team members timesheets and submit approval to Director, Human Resources
- Troubleshoot equipment and system issues in real-time as required and perform necessary repairs, as needed
- Provide direct support with solving daily operational issues as well as supporting continuous improvement processes with recommended solutions to address capacity, cost and quality
- Manage and/or execute construction projects needed to address facility or production equipment modifications or repairs
- Manage all facility and equipment parts inventories and procure all necessary parts with the help of departmental leadership, as needed
- Evaluate manufacturing performance data and make recommendations for addressing systemic issues that will lead to increased safety, profitability, quality or efficiency in the brewery
- Work in a safe and clean manner and comply with all health, safety, security and emergency requirements
- Assess workplace safety and coordinate with the QA/QC, Safety, and Compliance Manager to remedy any recognized potentially unsafe conditions
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and any/all established processes, whether established by the company or by law.
- Work with brewery operations QA/QC, Safety, and Compliance Manager to resolve any known conditions potentially affecting food safety or product quality
- Partner with production, cellaring and packaging line operators to meet production schedules, including troubleshooting and identification of root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Demonstrate a leadership position within the company to assist and teach operators basic preventative maintenance procedures and modifications of settings to improve efficiency
- Develop and foster relationships with facility, production, cellaring, and packaging related suppliers and industry partners
- Maintain proper documentation and record keeping. Including but not limited to compliance, warranty, OSHA, and or regulatory documentation
- Create and maintain organization and cleanliness standards for all facility equipment, facility department areas and perform and oversee all clean up efforts after jobs are completed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Ability to be on call to respond to facility and equipment related emergencies
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to follow and provide detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures
- Working knowledge in the areas of electricity, plumbing, and mechanical devices and materials
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Scales, Keg cleaning machine, forklift, pumps, heating equipment, grain mill, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Electrical and computer based components such as VFD’s, PLC’s, and temperature control systems.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
- Tools and background knowledge:: this position will need to utilize a variety of tools and background knowledge of instruments that are associated with the fields of plumbing, electrical, and mechanical
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.