This job is no longer accepting applications.
The facilities technician reports to Director of Brewery Administration.
Job Overview: This position provides support to the brewery operations department and retail operations department to maintain company policies, perform preventative maintenance, respond to facility repair needs and ensuring all products meet company quality standards. This position will also be expected to work with brewery operations leadership to improve equipment and system reliability and support continuous improvement efforts.
Facility Technician Responsibilities and Duties: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Properly prepare and maintain all production equipment and facility systems to assure peak operational efficiency is maintained.
- Troubleshoot equipment and system issues (electrical, mechanical and pneumatic) in real-time as required and perform necessary repairs, as needed
- Provide hands-on support with solving daily production issues as well as supporting continuous improvement processes with recommended solutions to address capacity, cost and quality.
- Execute minor construction projects needed to address facility or production equipment modifications or repairs
- Assist in the development and implement a preventative maintenance program and schedule for all equipment and systems
- Help to manage brewery operations parts inventory and procure all necessary parts with the help of brewery operations leadership, as needed
- Evaluate manufacturing performance data and make recommendations for addressing systemic issues that will lead to increased safety, profitability, quality or efficiency in the brewery
- Work in a safe manner and comply with all health, safety, security and emergency requirements. Assesses workplace safety and coordinates with the management team to remedy any recognized potentially unsafe conditions.
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and any/all established processes, whether established by the company or by law.
- Work with brewery operations leadership to resolve any known conditions potentially affecting food safety or product quality.
- Partner with production line operators to meet production schedules, including troubleshooting and identification of root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Be able to successfully communicate and coordinate with all outside vendors that the brewery works with on the facility
- Responsible for facility maintenance and ensuring safe work conditions.
- Assist other areas of production or equipment operators as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation and record keeping
- Create and maintain organization and cleanliness standards for the all facility equipment and work storage areas and coordinate and oversee all clean up efforts after jobs are completed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
- Must have own vehicle, valid Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge in the areas of electricity, plumbing, and mechanical devices and materials
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a fastpaced and evolving work environment.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Adherence to organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance / Quality Control and problem solving skills as well as to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Data entry software such as Word, Excel, Beersmith, Ekos, and various Google programs.
- Brewery equipment: Scales, Keg cleaning machine, forklift, pumps, heating equipment, grain mill, as well as lab and wort analysis equipment.
- Various gas regulators and multi flow liquid valves.
- Tools: this position will need to utilize a variety of tools and instruments that are associated with the fields of plumbing, electrical, and mechanical
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists, and perform various tasks with dexterity, strength and mobility.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to evaluate and execute qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud due to frequent pump operation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.