Director of Social Impact & Sustainability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director of Social Impact & Sustainability will be a key member of the management team and will partner with the executive team to develop and execute the company’s social Impact & sustainability initiatives, leading the implementation of the Company’s ESG (environmental, social, governance) efforts. We are in search of a leader to drive awareness surrounding Economic Responsibility, Ethical Responsibility, and Philanthropy. This role is based out of our Grand Rapids, MI headquarters and supports our U.S. operations and reports directly to the CEO. The Director will be accountable to coordinating efforts with Corporate CSR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the executive team in defining and developing the company’s ESG mission statement
- Develop a rolling 3-year plan that aligns with the Company’s strategy, brand values, and contains key measures of success (KPIs)
- Establish and drive the key programming and impactful partnerships required to deliver our social impact and sustainability agenda
- Partner with internal stakeholders (finance, HR, supply chain, marketing) to build sustainability and social impact reporting dashboard
- Establish FBC’s environmental/sustainability practice, with ownership in setting and reporting on goals and KPIs across the organization
- Establish FBC’s DE&I strategy, with ownership in setting and reporting on goals and KPIs across the organization
- Establish FBC’s governance practices, to include oversight of ethics and workplace improvement programs
- Designated lead for all CSR activities and initiatives, oversight of the Big Pitcher.
- Develop a unique CSR culture to effectively administer a program that is scalable, repeatable, and has measurable impacts while offering innovative solutions for employee volunteerism
- Partner with brand and communications teams to develop key narratives and consumer-facing communications around our initiative
- Coordinate external speakers, trainers, and/or consultants, as needed
- Partner with teams across the organization (people & workplace, sales, external vendors, legal) to execute initiatives
- Utilizing internal communication and training systems to reinforce FBC’s social responsibility policies to further promote employee awareness and inclusion.
- Create visibility on Company’s End-to-End impact.
- Represent sustainability across teams and provide sustainability knowledge and guidance, producing inputs for sustainability policies and initiatives
- Develop and maintain a contemporary understanding of community, economic, and sustainability development trends to drive internal value and external impact
- Analytical approach to establish and maintain effective tracking, metrics, intake, and reporting processes
- Manage website content development and maintenance for ESG
- Maintain awareness of global ESG trends and tools, metrics and KPIs, and share updates and implications with broader ESG team, and beyond
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Social Responsibility, Business Development, Sustainability, or related area
- 7+ years in ESG (environmental, social, governance) with diversified experience in corporate social responsibility, social impact, cross-sector partnership development, program management, managing multiple complex programs, and influencing others within organizations
- Sustainability subject-matter expertise as well as experience in partnerships, stakeholder engagement, and product development
- Organizational and result oriented project management skills with a track record of translating ideas into action
- Outstanding communication skills to convey a clear view and vision, collaborate with executives and communicate clearly across teams
- Proven problem-solving skills in cross functional projects.
- Exceptional written and presentation skills for high-visibility storytelling
- Experience having existing relationships with key sustainability stakeholders as well as working independently
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with vendors and internal stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solving to develop collaborative solutions across departments
- Educator at heart with a strong passion for up-leveling employees understanding and behavior around sustainability
- Familiarity with multinational structures preferred
- Field experience in a related industry is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.