Brewers Assistant- 3rd Shift
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for assisting Brewers in the beer making process by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and interpret the brewing schedule for the upcoming brews through Orchestrated Beer.
- Use Orchestrated Beer and Highjump (WMS) to understand inventory levels and availability.
- Communicate with Brewing Managers when inventory issues are discovered.
- Prepare Inventory Transfer Requests (ITRs) in Orchestrated Beer to transfer needed material from the Barrel House to 235 Grandville.
- After the warehouse receives the material into 235 Grandville, all material must be moved to desired location and staged according to upcoming brews.
- Inspect the physical material upon receiving for any quality concerns.
- Review the physical lot numbers on-hand versus the lot numbers received in inventory to make sure everything matches.
- Mill the specified grains and adjuncts per the brewing schedule as stated in Orchestrated Beer prior to the desired brew time.
- Scan grain lots used into WMS in real time to maintain inventory levels and ensure traceability.
- Prepare hops and other material for brews in process as needed.
- Scan hops and adjunct lots used into WMS in real time to maintain inventory levels and ensure traceability.
- Assist the brewer as needed throughout the brewing process.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment throughout the shift using the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS).
- Participate in shift changeover at the beginning and end of shift to ensure a seamless transition.
- After a brew is complete, verify all of the correct material lot numbers have been issued using WMS.
- Receiving bulk malt deliveries into desired silos.
- Inspect the load upon delivery and make sure it is compliant with our quality stamp of approval.
- Verify paperwork against PO in WMS/Orchestrated Beer and sign-off.
- Complete the receiving process of bulk deliveries via WMS.
- Initiate and monitor the unloading process once underway.
- Verify inventory levels at the end of a brew week and make sure physical materials match WMS/Orchestrated Beer inventory.
- Assist in the end-of-the-week CIP checklist.
- Assist with end-of-the-month inventory as needed.
- Review and sign off on Standard Operating Procedures as updates become available.
- Assisting Cellar with dry hops and other tasks.
- General labor work.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good candidates must fit in with our enthusiastic team environment.
- Must be reliable.
- Candidates must be safety focused.
- Must love to clean.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Must be detail oriented, be a good communicator, and be able to follow directions.
- Will be exposed to wet and humid conditions and at times, extreme heat.
- Will work around moving mechanical parts and vibration and will be exposed to high precarious places, fumes, and chemicals
- General Knowledge of Word and Excel is recommended.
- HS Diploma or equivalency is required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.