Director of Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Director of Sales
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Supervisor: President, COO
- Create the annual Distributor Business Plan for each distributor including volume, distribution, marketing, promotions, sales programs, execution and quality control standards for the on and off-premise business.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with distributor personnel including Executive Leadership, Sales Managers, Operations Management and Sales Reps; effectively train Badger State & Distributor reps to sell Badger State Beer.
- Work with the key customers in trade developing relationships, building brand presence and sales in assigned channels and geography by meeting with each distributor to set targets for distribution (on- and off-premise), volume objectives, financial commitments, and merchandising targets.
- Lead the Key Account Management program by establishing with each distributor specific accounts to gain or expand points of distribution with accounts that are identified as appropriate for the brand.
- Hold quarterly QBP and ABP meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
- Perform all necessary administrative duties relevant to position (i.e., tracking reports, promotional recaps, expense reports, etc.); reconcile distributor marketing funds monthly with appropriate personnel.
- Work with, train and motivate distributors on company brands.
- Utilize data from in-house systems as well as employing marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
- Manage Marketing Managers and / or Sales Associates within the region regarding on-premise and off-premise activity, confirming follow-up and support at the distributor level.
- Participate in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Monitor assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
- Comply with all Badger State policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Building and maintaining relationships with distributor and retail chain partners.
Selling new and existing brands in both on premise and off premise accounts.
Calling in orders to distributor and following up to make sure beer is delivered.
Increase shelf space and position in off premise accounts.
Assist in maintaining freshness standards for packaged products.
Minimum of 3 years of Management success and experience with a combined total of 5 years of Alcohol/Beverage Sales experience.
Proven track record of Distributor Management, Territory Development and People Management and Development.
Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, discounting, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
Travel 6-8 days per month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position.
Clean MVR and criminal background check.
Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
Proficient technology skills and application in Excel, Word, VIP, PowerPoint, and organizational tools are necessary. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
Opportunity and Problem Recognition, Analysis, and Solution Planning as it relates to leading a team of sales individuals.
Clear communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms, including persuasion-through-explanation.
Wide vision and direct collaboration skills within the sales organization and supporting functions (Production, Finance).
Knowledge of the sales and distribution network as well as the supply chain workflow.
An inherent sense of urgency and tracking ability to drive action on a timely fashion.
A strong understanding of the craft beer scene in each territory and Badger State’s place in it.
A love for Badger State Brewing and our commitment to quality beers, relentless improvement, each other, and market excellence.
Potential for extensive road hours and overnight travel
Must be able to lift and move products up to 165 lbs.
Is based on experience. Compensation includes a base salary plus variable compensation based on monthly goal achievement, phone allowance, mileage allowance, and expenses. Flexible work hours and vacation time are all available with tenure. Badger State Brewing Co. is an independent family-owned company that provides many benefits not listed here including but not limited to sales clothing reimbursement, tap room and event hall discounts, and beer sampling program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.