This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fremont Brewing Company is hiring for an opening in the Quality Lab. The Lab Technician will report to the Technical Director and will conduct daily routine analysis on raw materials through finished product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check and record daily fermentation stats
- Run chemical analysis on beer with spectrophotometer; VDK distillation, SRM, IBU assay
- Assist brewing staff with yeast counting and yeast management
- Complete daily microbiological sampling program; testing wort, beer in process, and packaged beer using aseptic technique
- Assist packaging staff by checking packaged oxygen levels
- Participate in ongoing brewery process and procedural improvements, assist with the design of process trials to continually push beer quality higher
- Effectively work with other internal departments to identify quality improvements
- Enter data into quality database in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete weekly laboratory preparation including pour agar plate, measure instrument calibration curves and prep reagents
- Participation and assistance with the sensory program
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory and workspace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least one year of experience working in a laboratory, brewery experience is preferred
- Either a 4-year degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, related discipline or 4 years of experience in a production brewery
- A solid understanding of Chemistry and Microbiology in the context of a brewery
- Experience with yeast propagation and microbiological identification preferred
- An obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- Competent use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- A high degree of multitasking, and a strong drive to be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Flexibility in scheduling, position will require first, second shifts and weekends
- Ability to work efficiently on a team as well as independently
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the fly
- Ability to work safely around strong and potentially hazardous chemicals
- Observe and comply to all company safety standards
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment and growth for dedicated and committed employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.