This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently hiring a full-time Sales Representative. The role of a Fremont Sales Representative is to purvey the sheer joy and beauty that is Fremont beer. This position is based in Los Angeles covering the South LA, Orange County, and Inland Empire territories. The Sales Representative will be responsible for expanding on and off premise business within Fremont’s distribution network. This job requires approximately 70% travel time and will report to the California Territory Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
Join the Fremont Brewing Field Support Team
- Spends 85% of time in the field, conducting sales calls in order to obtain and increase business for Fremont Brewing within designated territory
- Aggressively pursue new distribution by visiting 8-10 accounts (on and off premise) per day completing the following:
- Develop new relationships, sample, and sell to new accounts
- Maintain and grow existing accounts through service and relationship development
- Develop and execute account and market-specific sales strategies
- Educate both new and existing accounts about new beers and seasonal releases
- Plan and execute brewers nights, tastings, and beer dinners in accounts
- Support festivals and special events throughout the market
- Keep thorough records of all account visits through the VIP KARMA app
- Become certified beer server within first 3 months of employment
Work Closely with Fremont’s Distribution Partners
- Develop strong relationships with distributor reps through market support, ride-withs and beer/brand education
- Execute growth goals for territory outlined by the Sales Director and Territory Manager
- Educate distributor sales teams on all things Fremont beer and culture
- Work with distributors to manage beer quality issues in the market
- Monitor OOD beer and have distributors pull when needed
- Understand craft beer landscape and competing brands/distributors
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in craft beer sales
- Strong knowledge of the Los Angeles and Southern California craft beer market
- Effective time management and sales call planning with little to no daily oversight – an organized self-starter
- Understands exceptional customer service
- A demonstrated skillset in relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong computer skills (web-based email, Microsoft Office suite, VIP)
- Outgoing personality that loves working with all walks of life
- Obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- A passion for craft beer and working in a team-oriented environment
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must be 21 years of age
- Highly motivated
- The ability to work independently
- Able to manage a flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of beer off flavors
- Knowledge of the brewing process
- Knowledge of draft beer systems
- Knowledge of draft beer / package beer quality assurance
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds, moving up to 160 pounds)
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.