Beer Hall Team Member
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to make an impact on the world through beer? Now is your chance. Optimism is hiring outstanding people for our Beer Hall Team.
What does a Beer Hall Team Member do?
- Share our beer and change-making outlook with the world
- Help guests find the perfect beer in an approachable manner
- Going the extra mile to enable great experiences in the beer hall
- Maintain the counter, pour beer, recover the beer hall, change and wash kegs, set up events, clean the bathrooms, and any other tasks to keep the beer hall operating
- Correctly prioritize work so that the right thing happens at the right time
- Above all, provide friendly customer service
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a love of craft beer and a strong desire to learn more about beer history, brewing techniques, styles, flavor profiles, etc
- You enjoy thoughtful interaction with customers and teammates
- You thrive and have fun in a fast-paced environment
- You are excited to try and learn new things
- You have ideas and opinions, but no ego
- You are adaptable when change happens in our start-up environment
- You like to ask questions, solve problems, and help improve the processes
- You have a keen attention to detail because being safe and sanitary is critical to making and serving good beer
- You are at least 21 at the time of hire
- You are ok with working evenings, weekends, and holidays
- You have a Cicerone Certification — we play favorites for candidates with this (not necessary to apply)
These items are required:
- Ability to drink, taste, smell and describe beer
- Ability to read and follow written English instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Ability to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 130 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Ability to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- MAST (Mandatory Alcohol Server Training) Class 12 permit, Washington State Food Handlers permits, and Cicerone Beer Server Certification (you will have 30 days from hire to obtain these if you don’t already hold them)
Optimism Brewing Company not only embraces diversity and equal opportunity, we seek it out. We believe our team, and our beer, is improved by people of varied backgrounds, perspectives, identities and personalities.
Optimism believes in paying a living wage and providing health benefits to all full-time employees. Wages start at $20/hour. Thanksgiving and your birthday are paid holidays, with the ability to earn up to 13 more days in sick/vacation leave.
Your application has been successfully submitted.