This job is no longer accepting applications.
Optimism is hiring a janitor, no experience required. We want our cleaning staff to be in-house so they can enjoy the same wages and 100% paid benefits that our brewing and serving staff do. The job is fulltime, but only 30 hours a week right now, with the possibility of growing to more. Hours somewhat flexible: you can choose your start time 6:00 - 8:00 a.m. and your days off, but are required work on our busiest days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
What does our cleaning team do?
- Mop the floors, clean the bathrooms, clean the sinks, refill the toilet paper holders, and a bunch of other regular cleaning tasks that keeps our place looking awesome and inviting to our customers.
- Notice when something is out of place or getting dirty, and make it sparkle.
- Correctly prioritize work so that the all the necessary tasks get done when they need to.
- Occasionally do deep cleaning, such as shampooing rugs, wiping down walls, washing windows, scrubbing, organizing, handling the random graffiti that needs eradication, etc..
We want to hear from you if:
- You like to take ownership of work, and take pride in a job well-done.
- You thrive working independently when given the freedom to ask questions, solve problems, and help improve the process.
- You have a keen attention, and know that keeping things tidy has a great impact on the impression we make on our customers. You are the organizer of your in your group, and even dirt other people might not see drives you crazy.
- Are a morning person and like your afternoons free, because cleaning needs to happen during the hours before we open which is noon most days.
- Love beer, and want to work at a brewery that operates with mission and isn't afraid to take a stand on important issues.
These items are just plain required:
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to stand, walk, climb stairs and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carrying supplies and equipment weighing up to 130 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Able to work safely with cleaning chemicals
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
Hours & Benefits:
- The job is considered full-time at 30 hours/week, but could grow into more hours. Work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday is required.
- Full-time employees accrue up to 13 days of paid vacation/sick leave each year
- Your birthday and Thanksgiving are additional paid holidays.
- Optimism has 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for all full-time employees.
- Optimism has a retirement benefit program which includes a matching program up to 3%.
- Optimism also offers transportation benefits, health savings account and flexible spending accounts.
- Beer, at cost
Optimism Brewing Company not only embraces diversity and equal opportunity, we seek it out. We believe our team, and our beer, is improved by people of varied backgrounds, perspectives, identities and personalities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.