This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work for one of the most recognized local brands in Minnesota? Do you want to work for a company that recognizes that people make the difference? Are you looking for the best group of coworkers you have ever had? And most importantly, do you love beer?! If you said yes to these questions, this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Surly Brewing Co. is currently hiring an HR Generalist to work out of our Minneapolis office.
The HR Generalist is someone who assists with the general needs of the employee population at Surly. Being a champion of all things Surly is critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who loves to interact with people, but also has no problems rolling up their sleeves and tackling heavily administrative projects and helping establish SOPs for the HR department. This position is an exempt level role and will report directly to the HR Manager. This position will be working directly our of our Minneapolis office and does not have the ability to work remotely.
- Recruits, phone screens, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions, collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts onboarding for newly hired employees, ensuring all paperwork is processed in a timely fashion.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists in the communication of changes in Surly policies and procedures.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Assist in handling worker’s compensation claims, including reporting, presenting Modified Duty Job Offers, and following up on medical documentation.
- Maintains HRIS, personnel records, and employee files.
- Acts as the primary backup to our Payroll Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technology in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education preferred, or 5+ years of directly related experience in lieu of education.
- 3+ years of experience in full cycle recruiting.
- 2+ years of benefit administration preferred.
- Experience using UKG (UltiPro) preferred.
- Experience using Paycor Recruiting preferred.
THE FINE PRINT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Rather, it’s intended to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.