Roles and Responsibilities
Reports To: Brewery Owners
Role: The taproom manager has overall responsibility for the successful day-to-day operation of the brewery taproom.
- Create effective schedules and quickly resolve conflicts to ensure that taproom is well staffed during all hours
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons
- Brewery owners will have final approval on all staffing decisions
- Ensure the taproom is ready for operation in accordance with company procedure. Double Check Opening Procedures.
- Ensure the taproom is closed down at the end of shift in accordance with company procedure. Double Check Closing Procedures.
- Ensure Cash Handling was accurate and conduct deposit. Report all discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate headcount of persons on the premise not to exceed the approved maximum limit
- Diffuse tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Planning and Executing special events to include live music and brewery tours
- Promoting and Advertising Taproom events
- Inventory, order and Restock Merchandise and taproom consumables
- Verify quality of the beers on tap in accordance with company procedure
- Create and maintain a pleasant environment. Spot Check Downtime Duties list and assign any Idle workers Cleaning and Organizing Tasks as needed.
- Theft Prevention (Staff)
- Verify all taproom employee certifications (ServSafe, TIPS etc) are on hand and up to date
- Manage the above listed accountabilities while serving and educating customers
- Continuously optimize taproom operations
- Prior bar or taproom manager experience
- Knowledge of craft beer
- Familiarity with POS
- Ability to lift 35-50 lbs
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to move full kegs with the aid of a dolly
Your application has been successfully submitted.
East Regiment Beer Co.