Description: The Laboratory Technician will support the Quality & Technical Services Department with daily quality checks, across all aspect of beer production and packaging. This is a role that evolves with time, and will require work outside of laboratory operations to assist as needed with other tasks in the brewery. Assisting in non-laboratory functions will inform the laboratory technician on individual processes and how they may affect quality. The Laboratory Technician is a great entry level position for scientifically minded and detail-oriented candidates to enter into the brewing industry and have a hand in operations from grain to glass.
Altstadt invests in its employees and is fully committed to education & immersing employees in the culture of craft beer. This means everything from on-the-job training, training courses & seminars, as well as the option to participate in customer facing events such as Texas Craft Brewer’s Festival.
• -Daily fermentation monitoring and record keeping.
• -Yeast cell/viability counts.
• -Final pre-packaging checks (IBU, ABV, color, DO, turbidity, sensory).
• -Assist with Sensory Panel and at-line sensory.
• -Follow Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory operations, and follow safety/PPE protocol.
• -Maintain a clean and orderly lab workspace.
• -Report and document quality issues/concerns for review & process improvement/correction.
• -Auditing of in-house beer for to-go sales & taproom quality.
• -CIP of yeast propagation tanks.
• -Occasional assistance of packaging operations.
Base Pay: $40,000-$45,000 (eligible for Overtime pay)
Employee type: Full time, 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of QA & Technical Services.
• -Health Insurance
• -Dental Insurance
• -Vision Insurance
• -Life Insurance
• -Paid time off
• -One case of employee beer per week.
• -Two free taproom beers at end of shift Wednesday through Friday.
• -One free meal at on-site restaurant during pay weeks (bi-weekly pay schedule).
• -$100 per year PPE allowance.
• -Brewing industry experience preferred, but not required.
• -BS in relevant field preferred, but not required.
• -Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• -Computer literate, and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
• -Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.
-Must be 21 or older and eligible to work in the United States.
Altstadt Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.