Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for an opportunity to work at one of the Northeast’s most reputable breweries? Now is your chance! We are hiring for full-time Quality Assurance Technician.
The position of Quality Assurance Technician for Zero Gravity plays an integral role in the day-to-day operations in the Quality Control Department by working closing with the Quality Control & Assurance Manager to analyze data, implement processes and auditing systems. In addition to performing quality tests and inputting data, the Quality Assurance Technician will create and maintain SOPs and act as a trainer on both quality techniques and quality checks in all production processes.
- Work closely with the Head Brewer, Packaging Manager, and brewing and packaging leads to provide real-time support for matters with product quality
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibration as needed
- Perform daily benchtop analysis – including: IBU’s, SRM, Plating, PCR, gravities, etc.
- Conduct data analysis and management
- Perform quality and documentation audits
- Accurately and efficiently record data (manually and computerized)
- Conduct sensory panel set up and sample management
- Investigate quality holds
- Willingness to fill in other job duties as necessary and perform other duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or related field preferred
- Appreciation of craft beer; professional brewery experience helpful
- One – three years’ experience in QA/Lab role
- Ability to work under time constraints, work between departments and exhibit time management, self-determination and motivation
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP thru work experience
- Proficient with computers and automated equipment to input and understand data as required
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and production safety practices and procedures
Working Environment/Physical Demands
This job is conducted in a manufacturing environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend over; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and must have the ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles.
Zero Gravity offers medical, dental, vision and short- and long-term disability insurances, in addition to paid time off, holidays and sick time.
To apply – email resume to: email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.