This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Shift Brewer is responsible for the execution and monitoring all brewhouse or cellars processes during a regularly scheduled shift. This fast paced position requires a detail oriented, high energy multi tasker with a strong work ethic and a team focused positive attitude. Brewhouse processing converts raw materials into hopped and in inoculated wort. Cellars processing converts wort into finished beer ready for delivery to packaging operations. The work is a combination of manual and automated tasks which need constant monitoring and adjustment. This role will include brewhouse and cellars work on a rotating basis.
Shift Brewing responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organization and management of ingredients and associated record keeping
- Stage and mill recipes
- Wort production and transfer
- CIP, COP and general cleaning and housekeeping in brewhouse(s)
- Management of brewhouse by products
- Adherence to all safety protocols, sanitation and process SOP’s
Shift Cellars responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fermentation monitoring
- Dry hop additions
- Yeast handling and management
- Clarification with centrifuge and/or filtration equipment
- Beer transfers
- CIP, COP, and general housekeeping in Cellars
- Accurate record keeping
- Strict monitoring of fermentation relief valves and related processes
Key Accountabilities/Percentage of Time:
- Brewing responsibilities as listed above 40%
- Cellars responsibilities as listed above 40%
- Other duties as assigned 20%
- HS degree or higher.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Successful experience in a similar work environment
- 1+ years brewing and cellars experience.
- Demonstrate unwavering passion for craft beer and have a "not until the job is done" mindset.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-motivator, think critically and react to change swiftly.
- Ability to work safely in an industrial environment with typical hazards including chemicals, wet surfaces, high noise levels, hot, cold, and high humidity ambient conditions, and regular heavy lifting (55# individually and 150# team).
- Work well in a team environment
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- College education in relevant (science or engineering) discipline
- Formal Brewing Education
- Experience in a production-scale brewery. Homebrewing does not meet this preference.
This is a full time position that offers health, dental and vision benefits after traditional eligibility period. 401K Participation. Uniforms. Product discounts when Retail Center is operational.
Your application has been successfully submitted.