This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for all instrumentation calibration and supporting activities. This position provides assistance to all areas of the brewery as well as to the engineering and planning process.
- Participates in initial instrumentation selections and installations
- Conducts instrumentation calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs
- Develop procedures to support instrument calibration and maintenance
- Develop optimal instrumentation strategies, ensure compliance, and develop future standards
- Document results of work in appropriate form, log, and/or database
- Address questions and resolves problems regarding instrumentation matters
- Troubleshoot control systems; provide feedback for improvements
- Support experiments/projects for process improvements
- Training other maintenance technicians
- Primary liaison to instrumentation vendors
- Actively supports the Maintenance and Quality Assurance teams
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma plus 5+ years of related experience with instrumentation and complex analyzers
- Expert electrical skills and abilities; Journeyman's license desired
- Proven instrumentation installation, calibration, and troubleshooting skills/experience
- General understanding of manufacturing process flow and process control methodologies
- Experience in troubleshooting PLC programming; ControlLogix, a plus
- Brewing analytical experience, a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt, desirable
- Good analytical thinking skills
- General understanding of a variety of communication protocols; specifically HART and EthernetIP
- Solid knowledge in automations and process control matters
- Developed communication, documentation, and writing skills
- Solid computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Previous LOTO experience
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 88lbs. and carry 50 lbs. up to 100 feet. They must be able to pull weights up to 150 lbs. and push force up to 81lbs.
- Ability to maintain the grip strength required to carry objects including buckets and odd shaped tools.
- Ability to show fine motor dexterity.
- Ability to demonstrate their ability to climb, stoop, crawl, twist, squat and reach overhead.
- The position requires frequent, constant standing and walking.
Hourly Wage Range: $21.80 - $31.20
All Full time Coworkers at New Belgium enjoy the following benefits after one calendar month of employment: Medical & Dental Insurance (options available for dependents), Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, PTO, 401k Match, Paid Caregiver Leave, and Profit Sharing. Certain positions with ‘On Call’ responsibilities may be eligible for phone/data reimbursement. Details will be shared, and questions answered during our interview process.
New Belgium welcomes all. We are committed to building an environment that is diverse, equitable and inclusive within our own walls and amidst the entire craft beer community.
New Belgium strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.