Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position supports managers and staff and is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, performance management, and ensures compliance with state and federal law.
• Acts as the HR representative and provides support for the designated region.
• Coaches and advises leadership on best practices in all areas of HR to promote a positive work environment.
• Acts as a change agent during major company transformations with the goal of maintaining and influencing a positive work culture.
• Participates in developing and responsible for maintaining and implementing employee policies, procedures, and practices.
• Oversees the recruitment and hiring of employees and at times participates in interviewing and evaluating key positions.
• Provides onboarding and orientation for new hires.
• Provides benefit support and administration.
• Executes bi-weekly payroll.
• Supports the performance evaluation process.
• Supports continuous training and development for staff.
• Supports and advises supervisors with the disciplinary process.
• Handles employee relations issues and grievances
• Manages workers’ compensation claims.
• Manages employee separations.
• Maintains job descriptions for all positions.
• Implements a fair and consistent compensation plan.
• Ensures employee records are complete, accurate, and confidential.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to personnel matters.
• Assists with reporting and audits as necessary.
• Ensures safety in the workplace.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of current HR policies, practices, recordkeeping, and employment law.
• Knowledge of multi-state human resources law.
• Knowledge of benefit administration.
• Knowledge of human resource information system administration.
• Skill in time management.
• Skill in organization.
• Skill in leadership and coaching.
• Skill in effective communication.
• Skill in responsible decision making.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to demonstrate reliability.
• Ability to maintain a high level of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: VP, Human Resources
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Minimum Certification: PHR Preferred
Minimum Experience: 5 Years
Required Travel: Yes
Driving Requirements: Yes
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic Office Equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.