Human Resources Payroll & Benefits Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is responsible for supporting all payroll and benefits activities as well as providing a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
- Works with the HR Team to execute bi-weekly payroll ensuring payroll is reviewed thoroughly and submitted accurately.
- Maintains all payroll records and provides regular reporting.
- Works with the Accounting Team on payroll and benefits reporting and reconciliation.
- Oversees payroll tax and withholding accounts and updates.
- Provides benefit enrollment and administrative support for the HR Team and employees.
- Processes benefit enrollments and coordinates information with vendors ensuring accuracy of coverage.
- Ensures accuracy of retirement plan contributions and manages force-outs for terminated participants.
- Manages employee tenure recognition gift program.
- Regularly audits data for integrity and resolves any discrepancies found.
- Compiles and prepares reports and documents pertaining to payroll and benefits.
- Ensures all required quarterly and annual reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes or handles HR mail received at headquarters.
- Supports HR Team with special projects.
- Makes recommendations for maintaining employee policies, procedures, and practices.
- Explains personnel policies, procedures, and benefits to employees.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of HR and payroll laws and best practices.
- Knowledge of benefits administration.
- Knowledge of effective problem solving including being able to identify potential issues.
- Knowledge of record keeping and reporting best practices.
- Skill in time management.
- Skill in organization.
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision making.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to maintain a high level of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Vice President Human Resources
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Minimum Certification: None; PHR Preferred
Minimum Experience: 2 Years Directly Related Experience
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic Office Equipment
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-25 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.