We are looking for a lead brewer to join our team. The primary focus of this position is to provide support in all aspects of beer production with a focus on warehouse, packaging, brewhouse operations, and cellar management. This position requires a dedicated individual to help meet our company’s expectations and goals on a daily basis.
• Brewing means a ridiculous amount of cleaning and sanitation. Be devoted to it.
• Oversee all aspects of wort production, including inventory control, handling raw materials, operating a brewhouse, transferring, vessel and heat exchanger CIP.
• Yeast management, including cropping, starters, pitch rates, cell counts, generation tracking.
• Manage cellar production, including gravity, pressure, pH, and temperature.
• Transferring beer, tank dumps, carbonation, fining.
• Packaging beer into kegs, cans, and bottles.
• Maintenance of cooperage and equipment, as well as supervision of outside contractors.
• Follow and execute current production schedules, ingredient selection, and record keeping.
• Follow and execute current quality control program with SOPs.
• Work with and manage wild and barrel aging programs.
• Represent the brewery and its brand at various events such as trade shows, festivals, etc.
Experience & Requirements:
• Ability to frequently stand, sit, squat, crouch, crawl and climb
• Ability to lift 55 lbs. to shoulder height, repeatedly employing traditional lifting methods.
• Ability to lift / move full kegs (+/- 150 lbs.)
• Ability to work in loud, noisy, slippery, hot, humid, and cold environments for extended periods of time
• Ability to work safely around hazardous chemicals, high voltage, hot liquids, compressed gases, pressurized vessels, etc.
• Can operate a forklift
• Health and dental Insurance Benefits
• Full time position (must have full availability)
• We offer salary compensation and paid vacation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Small Batch, Huge Impact