Exile – Far From Ordinary
Beer fulfills our purpose. It cultivates our community of free-spirits, oddballs and outsiders. It ties us together and builds our festivities. The product of an unparalleled commitment to innovation and quality, it’s our labor of love for our uncommon family. Welcome to Exile, we’re far from ordinary.
Founded in 2012, we are a family-owned-and-operated microbrewery and brewpub that produces world-class lagers and ales. We brew, package, and test all of our beer on-site at our historic facility in Des Moines, IA.
- Building a team capable of executing quality control testing and product improvement.
- Training and leading our quality team so they fully understand the significance their job plays in the quality and perception of our brand.
- Developing leadership within their team and consistently elevating their team’s technical knowledge and leadership capabilities.
- Working directly with the heads of the various departments that make the brewery function and communicating issues up and down stream that affect the workflow of other departments.
- Ensuring all quality control and quality assurance datapoints are being properly measured, recorded, and evaluated.
- Taking necessary action based on quality control & assurance data.
- Ensuring adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Implementing new testing that benefits understanding of product quality.
- Working with their team to constantly improve process and the quality of the product.
- Scheduling the team to complete necessary testing.
- Reporting and maintaining inventory.
- Leading daily, weekly & quarterly meetings.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Capable of controlling your ego
- Embraces challenges & pressure situations
- Interested in learning new concepts and practically applying them
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated
- BA/BS in Biology, Chemistry, or other related field of study
- Prior experience in quality
- Must be 21 or turning 21 before hire date
- A passion for craft beer
- Lift 55lbs. from ground to shoulder height
- Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders
- Work in small and confined spaces
- Work on feet for several hours, including entire shift if necessary
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations
- Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations
- Health insurance
- Safe Harbor 401k plan
- Weekly beer & food stipend (free lunch)
Your application has been successfully submitted.