Assistant Packaging Operator ($2000 signing bonus)
AERONAUT is a craft brewery and taproom, founded in Somerville, MA. We brew a wide variety of innovative and scientifically driven craft beers, from traditional lagers to hazy IPAs and barrel-aged sours. Our goal is to share the excitement and enjoyment of adventurous, inspired beer with our community.
We recently expanded to a second location in Everett, MA, The AERONAUT CANNERY, where we have increased production capacity and opened a second taproom. We are an actively growing business with a team of dedicated and enthusiastic individuals.
Aeronaut Brewing Company is seeking a passionate, hard-working individual to join our stellar production team at our brewery in Everett, MA. In this role, you will be a core contributor to our tight-knit brewteam at our primary production facility. As an Assistant Packaging Operator, you will be responsible for all packaging operations, from equipment setup/cleaning to product packaging/testing. These operations can only be achieved through teamwork, so this position requires clear communication, open-mindedness, and flexibility.
We want to train the next generation of brewing professionals, and are willing to invest resources in the right job candidate. While prior production experience is not required for this position, this candidate must work hard, ask questions, be willing to fail in the learning process, and be committed to producing a high-quality product in a collaborative environment. In exchange, we will provide the Assistant Packaging Operator with a strong conceptual and practical foundation in sanitary cleaning, quality control, operation of various packaging equipment, and general troubleshooting skills. We will also provide the opportunity for in-house training in other parts of the production process if the candidate performs favorably in this position.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week), located primarily at our facility in Everett, MA. You will ultimately report to the Brewery Operations Director, but will be directly supervised on a daily basis by the Lead Packaging and Cellar Operator. Work shifts are 8 hours, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend hours required. This position may be assigned to production shifts at our Somerville, MA location as well.
With training, the Assistant Packaging Operator will be expected to independently perform the following tasks:
- Prepping and filling cooperage with all styles of product
- Setting up, running, and cleaning our in-house canning line
- Participating in sensory analysis and in-process quality testing of all packaged beer brands
- Routine maintenance of all packaging equipment
- Other production tasks as needed for brewteam functioning (i.e. grain loading, warehouse organization, etc)
- Proactive general upkeep and cleaning in the brewery space
- Meticulous documentation using packaging logs, brewery software, and SOPs
- Strict adherence to our safety, quality, and sanitation standards
- Some familiarity with a production brewery environment OR experience in a manufacturing setting.
- A passion for craft beer, high-quality food/beverage production, and community-driven products
- A curious mindset with an interest in self-education and professional development.
- Excellent multitasking skills, with particular attention to details and time management.
- Ability to work well on a diverse team with a range of skill sets, communication styles, and backgrounds.
In addition to the above professional qualifications, this position requires the following physical qualifications due to work conditions:
- Able to lift 55 lbs to waist height unaided and 150 lbs with keg jockey assistance.
- Capable of standing/walking for the majority of an 8-hr shift. Kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching in uncomfortable positions and for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable working in a noisy, industrial environment in the presence of wetness, liquids at extreme hot and/or cold temperatures, and potentially dangerous chemicals (e.g. strong caustics and acids).
- $2000 signing bonus paid at 60 days of employment
- Health, dental and vision insurance options
- Growth Potential and Career Advancement
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
As an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting equity, diversity and inclusion in the craft beer industry, we particularly encourage femme/non-binary-identifying folx, BIPOC (Black people, Indigenous peoples, and People of Color), and members of traditionally underrepresented groups in the craft beer community to apply. In alignment with our mission to support our community, we also particularly encourage residents of nearby towns & communities to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.