Do you dream of new beer recipes and eagerly anticipate the new hop varieties coming out each year? Are you a polymath who lives for systems and detail oriented tasks, who sees a problem and gets excited about the fix? Do you enjoy wearing boots to work and coming home soaked in beer? If you answered yes, yes and yes, we’d love to meet you!
We’re in need of a talented and experienced Brewer to run all aspects of Taproom brewing operations and facility maintenance for our new location in the Lowry neighborhood of Denver. We are looking for a self-starter with experience in both collaborating with a team and working autonomously. This is your chance to come to work and brew the beer you dreamt of last night. We want to make the best beer in the world and get our beer into as many peoples hands as possible - you’d be responsible for producing beers that fit this standard!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Wage range $21 to $24 per hour (DOE)
- Paid Time Off - 3 weeks annually
- Paid Holidays - 7 days annually
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with Company match
- FREE BEER!
- FREE SCHWAG!
- Employee Discount
- Full Time - Flexible Schedule
- Creative flexibility
WHO ARE WE? An independently owned and operated craft brewery, Denver Beer Co was founded 11 years ago on the core belief that beer is serious FUN. Our team creates approachable and damn delicious beer that is made with the finest locally sourced grain and produced using 100% clean solar power. We foster a safe, inclusive, and team oriented culture for our people and community. denverbeerco.com
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional brewing experience is a MUST!
- Prior experience brewing, cellaring, and understands the fundamental principles of making great beer
- Formal brewing education and recipe formulation experience is a PLUS!
- Prior experience using Ekos brewery management system is a PLUS!
- Demonstrated experience in brewing high quality craft beers
- Thrives in a fast paced environment yet maintains attention to detail
- Able to work smart, multitask, and understand time efficiency
- Able to both give and take creative feedback in a positive way
- Can be flexible as necessary regarding schedule during busy seasons and slower seasons
- Able to follow, improve, and create SOPs focused on efficiently brewing consistent, quality beer
- Able to frequently and repeatedly lift heavy materials and full kegs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage and execute the brewing schedule - anticipating taproom demands and brew accordingly
- Brew 2-6 batches per week
- Create and support a diverse tap list. Our loyal taproom regulars are always looking for something new to excite their taste buds.
- Maintain a detailed inventory raw materials and finished goods
- Order raw materials including grain, hops, barrels, and cleaning supplies
- Manage 3 to 5 different yeast strains in order to keep them happy and healthy
- Perform Lab Sampling Duties & QA with follow up
- Perform routine maintenance activities throughout brewery
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Be a DBC Beer ambassador - educate and inspire team members about beer.
- Communicate new beer releases and special projects with the DBC team
- Brew the best beer in the world
- Live and lead the Denver Beer Co Standards that are core to our culture and success!
Over and Above . Accept Challenge . Pride . Continual Improvement . Camaraderie
If you are thinking to yourself…”HECK YEAH!” please submit your resume and answers to the following questions
1. Show us your style! Tell us why this gig is a great fit for you, and why you are a fit for us.
2. Send us the details/specs of a beer you brewed of which you are proud.
Your application has been successfully submitted.