Ponderosa Brewing Company, the reigning champion of the Italian Pilsner style (GABF Gold medal 2021 and World Beer Cup Gold 2022) operating in the Sawmill District in Albuquerque, NM is looking for an experienced brewer to join our team and hit the ground running as Head Brewer. This will be a full-time position with benefits. The Head Brewer will work with the existing brewing team to craft a variety of high-quality ales and lagers.
Position Description: Head Brewer
Reports to: Brewmaster
A qualified candidate must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The following requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this position.
Specific Duties Include:
- Support company values
- Brewery operations: Wort production, cellaring, yeast management, inventory management, kegging, maintaining equipment and brewery in safe and clean condition at all times
- Assist in staff training on beer styles and special beers
- Complete paperwork accurately and quickly
- Provide outstanding customer service, both with colleagues, vendors, and outside customers
- Meet company policy requirements regarding attendance and appropriate behavior in the workplace
- Other duties as assigned throughout the brewery when needed
- 2-3 years prior professional brewing experience and/or formal brewing education
- Preferred: Fermentation/Brewing degree or certificate from an accredited college.
- Proven production of consistent, high-quality craft beers.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Pass pre-employment illegal drug screen and background check.
- Work closely with management, kitchen and wait staff to foster an excellent work environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Safe chemical handling and knowledge of proper usage of PPE
- Mechanical aptitude is desired
- Good documentation skills, including data entry, and Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work flexible shifts with varying hours, up to and including weekends and holidays
- Ability to safely lift up to 55 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Ability to safely lift up to 162 lbs on a weekly basis to deliver beer to an offsite taproom
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be alcohol server certified
- Distilling experience would be beneficial
Ponderosa Brewing Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Wage is commensurate with education and experience. This position is eligible for paid vacation, medical & dental insurance, and participation in the company 401(k) plan
Ponderosa Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV.
No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.