Brewmaster / Production Manager
Honolulu Beerworks is a growing craft brewery in the heart of Honolulu. Open since 2014 our goal is very simple, create delicious craft beer for our loyal craft beer loving community. We will be expanding by adding a new production facility and are looking for a Brewmaster/ Production Manager who has an undying passion for creating delicious craft beer and bonus is you get to do it in one of the most beautiful places on earth surrounded by sand, surf and sun!
The Brewmaster/ Production Manager position is responsible for daily operation for leading the brewing team in the production of high quality, consistent and innovative beers and overseeing all aspects of the brewery operations. Responsible for the overseeing and growth of both production facility and brewpub. The Brewmaster/ Production Manager is a key leadership role that will work closely with other members of the management team to develop strategic plans for sales growth, brand development and product innovation.
- Manage all brewing operations, including a 30 BBL production brewery and 7bbl brewpub , fermenters, brite tanks and pilot brewing system.
- Shift brewing as needed.
- Lead new product development via recipe formulation, innovative techniques, and collaboration with team members throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager in the weekly production planning to meet sales demand and seasonal release schedule.
- Plan and manage the brewing, cellar and packaging schedule to meet production goals.
- Oversee the mentoring and training of new cellar workers & brewers in the cellar, brewhouse and canning line.
- Manage, coach, train and schedule brewing, cellar and packing team members.
- Source all raw materials and maintain a strong professional woking relationship with all vendors.
- Coordinate with various vendors to ensure that raw material purchasing and inventory levels are maintained to ensure that production needs are met.
- Strive for continuous improvements in beer quality, consistency and cost.
- Perform brewing, cellar and packaging duties as needed.
- Maintain and create SOP’s to ensure that all aspects of brewing operations are completed in a consistent, safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that brewery equipment and production area is kept clean, organized and in good working order to meet quality, sanitation and safety standards.
- Oversee and coordinate brewery maintenance with professional contractors as needed.
- Provide all necessary information on beer styles to sales and brewpub managers in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- All other duties associated with brewery and production.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a brewery production manager role.
- Proven brewery knowledge including chemistry and biology.
- Strong mechanical and electrical abilities and operational understanding of all brewery processes.
- Demonstrate experience in successfully creating beer recipes.
- Must be a licensed to operate a forklift.
- Must be punctual.
- Availability to work various shifts days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a current US drivers license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Brewmaster position is full time (minimum 40 hours per week).
- Must possess the ability to lift 60 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to lift and maneuver 165 pounds using proper equipment.
- Must possess the ability to stand for at least 10-12 hours a day.
- Must possess the ability to bend, twist, kneel and climb stairs and/or ladder frequently.
- Ability to work in hot, wet and/or cold conditions.
- Ability to work with hazardous mechanical equipment.
- Ability to safely use acidic and alkaline chemicals.
- Basic use of computers, printer/fax machines, copiers and other office equipment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k after 1 year of employment
- PTO after 1 year of employment
- Relocation assistance negotiable
Please email current resume in PDF format
Your application has been successfully submitted.