Tasting Room Manager
Paradox Brewery is seeking a Tasting Room Manager to take responsibility of ensuring every guest has an outstanding experience at the home of their favorite beer! Our space is expansive with a 2,500 sq ft indoor space, a 1,000 sq ft deck and two outdoor pavilions. During our busy summer season we serve 350 seats with a waitstaff of approximately 25 servers between part-time, full-time, seasonal and year-round. We run a full service kitchen and are within the beginning stages of a BBQ station as well. Our location is not your typical nighttime bar spot as we close in the late evening (8-9PM). Being in a tourist location we get a lot of business during the busy Memorial Day to Columbus Day surge. This year’s goals are 1,100 BBL of beer sold through our own premise. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Participate in a culture of safety, results, teamwork, respect, equality, and learning in concert with the production, marketing, and kitchen teams in executing exceptional quality service through troubleshooting, training and growth.
- Working as a relief bartender / server in the event of a call out.
- Ensuring an exceptional visit for every customer.
- Hiring great employees.
- Firing employees who do not uphold our values or their job responsibilities.
- Managing and scheduling servers and bartenders. Making weekly schedule to ensure optimal service is always executed.
- Coordinate the opening and closing the tasting room.
- Ensuring the tasting room is producing as much profit as possible.
- Planning and executing events in the taproom by working with the Marketing Manager, Production Manager and Director of Operations.
- Working with the company founders to endure the vision is being properly executed.
- All other day to day activities necessary to keep the taproom running smoothly.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
Brand & Portfolio:
- Act as an ambassador, represent the brand and company to the industry, customers and employee.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Position requires computer proficiency –proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite, mobile apps.
- Capable of innovation and continuous processimprovement.
- Organized, detail oriented with ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to lead and work with a team-oriented, “Safety First” approach.
- Able to meet physical demands of serving / bartending which may include lifting up to 55lbs. and moving 130lbs.
- Must be able to accommodate flexible schedule including evening and weekend shift work.
- Salary and bonus negotiable depending on experience, pay for the right candidate is projected to be in the $50K range. Again, we are willing to negotiate with the right candidate.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Free beer allotment.
- Exciting environment with a rapidly growing brand.
- Immediate start.
- Plans for company health insurance already in place for the near future.
Email resume and cover letter including your philosophies on beer and brewing and your favorite breed of dog
Your application has been successfully submitted.