Assistant Brewer / Windsor
Russian River Brewing Company is seeking a full time Assistant Brewer to join our team! The Assistant Brewer is responsible for supporting all brewing and lab functions for RRBC and must have a strong commitment to quality while being a passionate steward for RRBC. We offer a fun and rewarding work environment that includes group medical / dental / vision / life / accident / pet insurance, paid time off, 401k with matching, as well as discounts on food/beer/merchandise. Please read our description and qualifications required below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Cleaning and sanitation
• Perform all cellar functions at our 75 bbl production facility and our 20 bbl brewpub facility
• CIP tanks and equipment
• Assist brewers with wort production as needed including weighing malt and hops for brews
• All cellar work to be completed with an eye towards low DO
• Assist on the packaging lines at our production brewery
• Work with and report any mechanical issues to the maintenance manager and/or supervisor
• Work with lab staff with any QC/QA protocols
• Operate a fork lift safely
• Help with management of raw materials organization and storage
• Perform other jobs in the brewery as needed
• Assist other employees as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
• Business math and its application to brewing needs
• Good organization skills and thought processes
• Effectively managing one’s own time
• Strong communication skills with peers and works as team member
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
• Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
• Use common sense in all daily activities
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree in Brewing and/or related science desired
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Prior brewing or related experience not required but desired
• Current Forklift certification (RRBC can provide)
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
• We require COVID-19 vaccination for employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the company provides all PPE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.