This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily production of wort, cellar work and beer filtration. The Shift Brewer position is full-time and will report directly to the Brewing Manager. Additionally, the Shift Brewer will work closely with all production departments including quality control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work shifts each week in a safe and efficient manner.
- Learn and adhere to standard operating and safety procedures in wort production, vessel cleaning and sanitation, yeast handling, fermentation and maturation, sample collecting and filtration operations.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary working environment
- Communicate with all relevant departments to ensure safety, quality and efficiency.
- Understand and adhere to recipes and formulas.
- Complete, enter and maintain daily brewhouse and cellar records.
- Troubleshoot and report all mechanical issues within the department.
- Study and understand all brewhouse and cellar works in progress, knowing the age, gravity and biological status of each product.
- Assist in cycle counts and end of month inventory procedures.
- Attend and participate in departmental and all company meetings.
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements
- At least 2 years of professional brewing experience.
- Proven ability to contribute to a successful team.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation, beer transfer and clarification and brewery quality control procedures.
- Formal brewing education is favorable.
- Basic computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with others.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.