Lone Pine Brewing Company is hiring an Accountant to join our growing finance team. We are looking for an individual that has a passion and interest in financial data, and is excited by the opportunity to help maintain and craft our financial processes from start to finish. This is a full-time position located in Gorham, ME. Lone Pine offers remote and hybrid work options and is willing to discuss flexible work hours.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in accounting, 3-5 years of accounting experience, and experience in a related industry. Understanding of manufacturing, cost of goods solds and inventory is critical.
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining company financial information through the maintenance of the general ledger, and ensuring accurate and timely financial entries and reporting. The Accountant will report to the Director of Finance & HR and supervise the company Bookkeeper.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial record keeping for the organization
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare and post monthly general ledger entries
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and post depreciation
- Post bi-weekly payroll entries
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Prepare and update company and department budgets and performance
- Prepare monthly financial reports for owners and financial institutions
- Daily bookkeeping activities including accounts payable entries in coordination with company bookkeeper
- Management and oversight of company bookkeeper
- Prepare and send checks and electronic payments to vendors
- Prepare and send customer invoices
- Prepare and file Federal and State Excise Tax Reports
- Prepare and file Monthly State Sales Tax Reports
- Work with accounting firm as needed to ensure GAAP compliance and industry accounting standards
- Assists in the implementation and management of expense tracking applications, point of sales systems, and other brewery or sales software
- Perform other functions and projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise or other accounting software
- Strong excel and spreadsheet skills
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability of manage competing priorities
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Technology savvy
- Great attitude
You will have the option of an in-person, remote or hybrid work setting. Must be able to attend meetings and work on-site in Gorham, ME when needed.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000 depending on experience.
Lone Pine offers a variety of benefits available to eligible positions starting the first of the month after hire. For this position Lone Pine pays for 60% of the cost of medical insurance (HMO and PPO plans available in the silver and gold plan categories), 100% of the cost of dental and vision plans, and provides life insurance, short term disability and long term disability coverage at no cost. Paid time off and sick time accrued monthly.
Lone Pine Brewing Company encourages diversity and individuality. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lone Pine are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or family or parental status.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.