Seeking Experienced, Skilled Brewer
Brewer - 45 Degree Brewhouse
Start up craft Brewery in Spokane Valley. This is an opportunity to be a part of a special environment. We are experienced professionals that understand the values and principles of work hard, play hard every single day. We are looking for talent that shares these values. This is an opportunity to be treated as a peer and an owner without the financial investment. Come be a part of this journey!
PAY RATE: Starting at $20.00 per hour - dependent upon experience.
WORK LOCATION: Spokane Valley, Washington
SHIFT: Days, weekends and evenings based on demands of the business
45 Degree Brewhouse is a new brewery taking over for the brewery formerly known as “Hopped Up” in Spokane Valley. Brewhouse consists of a 7 barrel brewhouse coupled with a pilot 1 barrel brewhouse system. Initial focus is to serve in house tap room demand while growing into distribution in the future.
This position is a brewer and operator role on the Brewing Team responsible for entire grain to glass operations.
- Operation of 7 barrel open fermentation brewhouse AND 1 barrel pilot brewhouse.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts; days, swings, weekdays, and weekends. Schedules will be collaborative with a focus on meeting the demands of the business.
- Brewhouse support including recipe management, wort production, raw material gathering, CIP of vessels, yeast management, dry hopping, DO/CO2 analysis, adjunct flavoring, transfer of beer throughout brewing
- Cellar support including tank CIPs, transfers/ centrifugation, yeast management, dry hopping, DO/CO2 analysis, fruiting,
- Work directly with the ownership team to perpetually adjust to meet consumer interest and demand.
- A safety first mentality
- Brewing degree or work experience equivalent
- At least 21 years old
- A keen sense of safety and cleanliness (HACCP/ Food Safety experience a plus)
- A self-driven attention to detail
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate records
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to work in a variety of environments.
- Manage a high workload without sacrificing Safety, Quality, or Production. Prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to be customer facing
- Desire to continually create quality products from start to finish
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including background check and drug screen
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrued based on time in role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Great beer in an atmosphere to match