Brewery Facilities Assistant
Brewery Facilities Assistant
- Contract Position -
Second Chapter Brewing
Second Chapter Brewing is a new craft brewery opening in fall 2022. The brewery is located in the former Goodall City Library building in downtown Ogallala, Nebraska. The renovated and repurposed space will feature an on-site brewery, large patio, and taproom near Lake McConaughy. We offer significant growth potential for a hard working, creative, and enthusiastic individual.
Initial Job Duties:
● Assist in the assembly and setup of all equipment.
● Assist in and provide labor for the final renovation of the production spaces, offices, and taproom.
● Ensure equipment and facilities are clean, operable, and safe.
● Receive deliveries of equipment and raw materials; prepare outgoing shipments.
● Assist in and provide labor for brewing, milling, fermentation monitoring, cellaring, packaging, cleaning equipment, and maintaining inventory.
● Troubleshoot technical problems and propose solutions.
Potential Long Term Duties:
● Assist Head Brewer and others in daily needs, which may include cleaning, event management, taproom service (must be 19 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages) and other tasks on and off premises.
● Maintain accurate and consistent logs of production and inventory.
● Use and maintain a 5bbl brewhouse system, which has manual controls and valves. Mash-in is with a paddle and grain-out is into wheeled carts.
● Must be able to follow operating procedures, quality controls, and safety protocols in all aspects of production and proper handling of raw ingredients, alcoholic liquor, and/or hazardous chemicals;
● Must be organized and able to work fast and independently;
● Must work well with a team and be flexible;
● Must be able to consistently lift 60 lbs and up to 165 lbs with assistance; to remain standing for long periods of time (6-10 hour work shifts); and to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl;
● Must be able to work in manufacturing environment with hot, cold, and/or semi-wet conditions; and
● Must have professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Experience or training with brewing/cellaring/packaging or in construction trades;
● Strong work ethic and the ability to complete tasks without supervision;
● Desire to work in the craft beer / brewing industry;
● Technical and mechanical aptitude and familiarity with tools; and
● Excellent problem solving capacity and attention to detail.
● Reports to the Head Brewer
● This will be a 30- to 40-hour per week contract position for approximately two to three months, which could lead into an hourly or salary position with a competitive benefits package for the right candidate once the taproom has opened.
● Bi-weekly pay ($13-$20/hr, depending on skills and experience).
● Flexible hours.
● Available immediately.
● Position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover email to email@example.com
Second Chapter Brewing is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or Veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.