Vice President of Operations
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for overseeing Uinta’s facilities and operations, including but not limited to the packaging lines, forecasting and scheduling of production, wort production, cellar, QA/QC, and the management of the logistics, warehouse, and maintenance departments. The Director of Plant Operations will direct various department managers and labor staff to ensure the safe and efficient packaging and distribution of all Uinta beers while simultaneously maintaining high quality standards.
This position requires an individual to be an outstanding communicator, multi-tasker, and have an ability to work closely as a mentor to other team members. This person must be a leader, educator and, at times, a “hands-on” operator who is just as comfortable spending several hours each day on the production floor and warehouse as they are working within spreadsheets from behind their desk. This person must consistently demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct, and trustworthiness, and have the ability to interact and lead hourly unskilled employees, as well as other senior leaders in the company.
- Support the Executive Team in overseeing the daily operating requirements of the company.
- Responsible for all brewery operations including (but not limited to): project management, scheduling, materials management, quality control, engineering, logistics, and maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of Uinta’s equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Learn and operate the production machinery used to produce each product or component produced by the company.
- Provide daily “hands-on” interaction, management and training of hourly and salaried personnel within production, operations, maintenance, logistics, and packaging.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly performance reports for all departments associated with production, operations, and packaging utilizing standard and customized metrics and analysis to demonstrate efficiency, productivity, and profitability. All daily and weekly reports will be distributed to the President and Leadership Team on a timely basis.
- Work directly with the Brewing team to ensure the proper planning and scheduling of all wort production and fermentation. Ensure the efficient scheduling of beer operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost.
- Revise, implement, and maintain job descriptions, roles, responsibilities, and performance metrics for all manufacturing, production, and operation positions.
- Assure all direct reports utilize continuous improvement by holding their employees accountable using work-to-time relationships so they may identify and remove performance barriers in all areas.
- Develop, hire, train, monitor and hold personnel within operations accountable for their performance.
- Coordinate efforts with the Compliance Manager and Employee Experience to ensure business objectives are achieved in the areas of staffing, training, safety, insurance, regulations, and employee relations.
- Adhere to all State, Federal and local health department regulations, company established sanitation standards, ABC laws and regulations, and OSHA, and company regulations with regard to the safety and security of the Production team.
- Ensures a safe working environment for employees by maintaining facility and equipment in optimal working conditions.
- Develop, revise and maintain all written primary processes associated with production, operations, and packaging including but not limited to purchasing, planning, scheduling, materials management, quality control, engineering, logistics, maintenance, environmental compliance, and safety.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by the President or the board of directors, including but not limited to costing, strategic planning, and administration.
- Enact and enforce GMP controls; establish standards for the manufacture of our products
- Represent Uinta with customers, suppliers, and business partners.
- Significantly participate in the development and implementation of Uinta's annual strategic plan.
- Coordinate and participate in drafting monthly, quarterly and annual managerial reports used in financial review, budgeting, capital projects, and forecasting.
- Work with outside service providers, such as auditors, engineers, and consultants.
- Interact with all employees and cross over all departments to advance the flow of information and accomplish the short-term and long-term goals of the company.
- Spend time, on as needed basis, observing all production functions performed for all shifts, including weekend shifts. Interact with employees and managers on those shifts daily.
- Offer guidance and direction to those staff members responsible for scheduling on ways to improve supply chain timelines and turnover.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Production Management, with strong math, data management, science, and analytical background, or comparable experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing, production or packaging operations.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of fermentation science and/or the completion of an accredited brewing course.
- Strong understanding of the brewing industry and how various divisions within a brewery work (production, brewing, sales, marketing) is preferred
- Background and understanding of operations, logistics, and lean manufacturing processes.
- Strong budgetary and financial management experience, and strong negotiating and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and local legislation with regard to Alcohol Beverage Control.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail; able to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, suppliers, and business partners.
- Must be honest and reliable and maintain the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- MRP package experience necessary; Orchestrated Beer experience is highly preferred.
- High-level proficiency with MS Office applications is a must.
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.