At Pipeworks, the Lead Cellar is a vital leadership role in the team effort to make great beer. The Lead Cellar will work with the Head Brewer, Pipeworks Management, and Production team (Brew, Cellar, Packaging). The Lead Cellar will take responsibility for the cold side stage of production.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct and schedule production floor staff
- Oversight of daily cold side operations, including but not limited to, yeast management, cellar operations, and working alongside Head Brewer
- Closely monitor the fermentation and brite process at all stage of production
- Adhere to existing SOPs and contribute to the refinement and drafting of new SOPs
- Alongside the Head Brewer, track raw material inventory including cold side additions, as well as ingredient ordering, organizing, and handling
- Coordinate the timing of cold side additions (dry hops, fruit, etc), yeast harvests and repitches, tank crashes, transfers and fitness for packaging with the Head Brewer, Lab and Management
- Track pH, gravity, clarity, ABV of beers in progress in communication with Lab Maintain, track, and schedule healthy yeast additions throughout batches in coordination with Lab and Head Brewer
- Collaborate with Packaging Dept. to ensure beer is ready for packaging on time at the correct temperature, pressure and carbonation
- Oversee timely CIP and COP procedures on fermentation vessels to accommodate transfers
- Complete, accurate, timely and detailed filing of required paperwork
- Enforce safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves, boots, and safety glasses
- Maintain and manage a clean and organized workspace throughout the day and at the end of shift
- Must be 21+ years of age
The best candidates for this position will have:
- 3+ years of production brewery experience
- 1+ year of management in a production brewery cellar
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills while working under pressure, and adapting to potential changes
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal, communication & management skills
- An ability to operate a forklift, scissor lift and pallet jack
- An ability to stand for prolonged periods, stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- An ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies such as 55lb sacks of grain
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (35+ hours/week) including: health/vision/dental insurance, 401k plan with employer match, and Paid Time Off.
*TO APPLY for the Lead Cellar position, please email resume and include “Lead Cellar” in the email subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.