Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for monitoring, documenting, and controlling all aspects of Food Safety and Quality Control on their assigned production line. The Quality Control Technician is expected to own the line by: actively seeking out and identifying the root cause of quality issues; decreasing hold size by actively investigating and managing holds; assisting in quality assurance efforts by coaching members of the Operations team; and minimizing downtime by coordinating with the Blending and Operations teams. It is expected that the Quality Control Technician will actively participate in continuous improvement efforts and contribute to the success of the Quality team and Operations overall by consistently meeting their metrics. A successful candidate will have attention to detail, knowledge of food safety standards and manufacturing quality control, an understanding of process control and strong problem-solving abilities. This position reports directly to the shift Quality Supervisor.
· Must be an advocate for the consumer/customer.
· Maintain awareness of the line at all times and actively seek out and identify food safety and product quality issues.
· Monitor critical control points (CCP) at specified frequency and react to deviations from critical limits.
· Perform sanitation inspections and verification.
· Adhere to and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Monitor the blending/carbonation process and work with Operations to maintain specifications.
· Ensure accuracy of labels, date codes, fill levels and other items with regulatory impact.
· Inspect seams and finished secondary/tertiary packaging.
· Collect and organize production samples and retains.
· Inspect raw packaging for defects and correctness.
· Participate in finished goods hold/release system.
· Maintain complete, timely and accurate records.
· Actively communicate with the Lab Technician as well as the Production, Blending and Sanitation teams to coordinate manufacturing and sanitation processes to maximize uptime while maintaining strict food safety and quality standards.
· Help to drive team success by meeting quality, production and schedule metrics and communicating effectively with team members and supervisors.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement process.
· Assist with resolving quality issues.
· Cross-train with Lab Technicians.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Ability to organize and coordinate diverse activities.· Attention to detail.· Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.· Problem solving skills; exercises good judgement.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in a life science, manufacturing or quality-related field. Equivalent experience will be considered.· HACCP and SQF certifications or experience, preferred.· Two to four years of experience in a manufacturing quality environment with similar functions.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times and inspect/swab under/around equipment.· Must be able to stand/be on their feet for the duration of the shift in a manufacturing environment which may be hot, cold, loud, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.